RoerAmit

I’ve booked an Ayahuasca ceremony in Costa Rica

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, so although I am not very experienced with psychedelics I have decided to do Ayahuasca while I am in a trip to Latin America.

So - I am going to a very safe place with experienced and kind people.

Is here someone in the audience that has some suggestions/notes/or anything important for me to know? Is here someone that did something similar and can share his experience?

What should I expect? Any thoughts?

Thanks guys.

Don't expect anything. :) Just be mindful.

On one of my first mushroom trips, I was with a group of friends, we all chewed and ate the mushrooms, a few grams each, and then we walked around in the darkness, waiting for it to kick in. And all the time when we were walking, we were asking eachother, "is it kicking in yet? is it kicking in yet?" and we did this for so long that we didn't even realize that we were fully under the influence, still asking each other "is it kicking in yet?". That BECAME the trip. We only realized this like 2 hours into the trip, at which point naturally we started laughing that we were this stupid. But the point is, with psychedelics, don't build up expectations because you'll end up creating an amplified experience of expectation, and you'll miss the real thing.

Have fun on your trip!

@RoerAmit

I’ve never done Aya. But from what I’ve heard, you want to make sure you respect all the rules and guidelines they give you. Even if it seems pedantic and unnecessary, follow them anyway.

It’s a bit like meeting someone for the first time. You’ve got to build a relationship before you can just kick your shoes off and do whatever you want. And even then, you still want to respect the medicine as a being in its own right and honor that relationship.

As far as the actual ceremony, no one really knows what kind of experience you will get. You might be confronted with patterns or stories you didn’t want to look at. Or you may just be basking in infinite love.

Just surrender to wherever she wants to take you.

17 hours ago, aurum said:

@RoerAmit

I’ve never done Aya. But from what I’ve heard, you want to make sure you respect all the rules and guidelines they give you. Even if it seems pedantic and unnecessary, follow them anyway.

It’s a bit like meeting someone for the first time. You’ve got to build a relationship before you can just kick your shoes off and do whatever you want. And even then, you still want to respect the medicine as a being in its own right and honor that relationship.

As far as the actual ceremony, no one really knows what kind of experience you will get. You might be confronted with patterns or stories you didn’t want to look at. Or you may just be basking in infinite love.

Just surrender to wherever she wants to take you.

Thanks man.

Helpful