Christopher03

How Many Eggs a Day is too much

29 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

143 eggs a day is too much. 

I have come to the same exactly conclusion!

@Ora thought I'd share this debate if you have time to watch. Probably the best debate I've seen on this topic so far. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

The egg white has a substance calle tryphotan (sp?) which is a major aging factor. That's why you see that the skin of many bodybuilders is way older and less firm than would be expected for their age.

I would cut back on the eggs, especially on the egg whites. 

15 hours ago, FredHere said:

The egg white has a substance calle tryphotan (sp?) which is a major aging factor. That's why you see that the skin of many bodybuilders is way older and less firm than would be expected for their age.

I would cut back on the eggs, especially on the egg whites. 

You can still eat the white juice out of your eggs though - Try it out, it has healthy proteins in it and tastes good as well!

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

On 9/30/2021 at 7:44 PM, Christopher03 said:

I am eating at least 4-5 whole eggs a day trying to bulk up. Are there gonna be negative consequences on my cholesterol levels? I am 17 and fairly active 

I eat 6 eggs  around 4 or 5 days a week.  But out of those 6 only 2 are whole eggs the other 4 are egg whites.  Too many whole eggs can raise your cholesterol so I wouldn't recommend more than 2 whole eggs a day.  That way you are still getting all the nutrients of whole eggs.

As far as the negatives towards eggs if you excercise regularly and stick to a healthy diet  you'll be fine.  I'm 51 and look 35.  Never had an issue with aging or health problems..aging is mostly genetics.  I'm in great health and have eaten eggs and egg whites my whole life.  Enjoy!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

From what I understand, like 90% of cholesterol is made within the body naturally, not from foods. So if you eat too much cholesterol in food it'll just pass through you.

If you're doing a keto or carnivore diet it should be fine. But if you're eating carbs and sugars along with protein/fat, thats when it starts to really clog up your arteries from what I've heard.

I lay like 2-3.  I'd say laying 6 eggs a day is too much and could cause rectal issues.  Maybe ask a doctor ... :P 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I used to be a huge advocate of "cholesterol in the food plugs up arteries". I don't believe this to be the case anymore. There is no convincing evidence that cholesterol in the diet increases ApoB, the most reliable marker of atherosclerosis progress. There is a dose-dependence limit of saturated fats more than anything else. It appears above 35grams per day the risk of cardiovascular incidence goes up. So the risk is, "do eggs tip you over that balance"? If you can stay below that, you should be fine. Same for things like beef. The issue isn't really the cholesterol, it is the high content of saturated fats (and few other things ofcourse). 

This risk is confounded with things like exercise, fibre consumption and intake of vegetables, fruits, wholegrain and legumes tho. SO people with overall healthy diets could potentially get away with eating more SFA.....maybe/ 

That being said it is probably a good idea to moderate the amount of cholesterol we eat anyway to minimise the risk of LDL oxidation ( I don't know to what degree this is a real thing yet) and I'd probably keep it below 300mg per day (equals roughly 2 eggs). 

Besides heart disease there is also the risk of cancer with high level of animal foods but eggs have not been linked convincingly to anything in moderate amounts (about 1-2 per day max). On the other hand, eating more than about 100g of beef per week tips your risk of colorectal cancer exponentially up. Same can be said about any processed meat, sausages, bacon and all that garbage stuff. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

10 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I lay like 2-3.  I'd say laying 6 eggs a day is too much and could cause rectal issues.  Maybe ask a doctor ... :P 

@Matt23 I lay 7. No issues. Maybe work on your flexibility a bit ;)

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/