Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WokeBloke

Is This a Joke?

20 posts in this topic

Am I playing a joke on myself with this whole world or am I actually being everybody?

Consciousness is being everybody, while ultimately being nobody. In a way, yes, you are playing a joke on yourself. When you realize the punch line, all you can do is laugh. xD

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

12 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Am I playing a joke on myself with this whole world or am I actually being everybody?

Both, of course.

Why so serious?

7 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Consciousness is being everybody, while ultimately being nobody. In a way, yes, you are playing a joke on yourself. When you realize the punch line, all you can do is laugh. xD

Why do you call yourself nobody?

3 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

When you are everybody, then who are you? A "who" can only exist in reference to another "who". If there is only one who, then there really is no who at all.

Why so serious?

3 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Because it is all the same Consciousness. The idea of being somebody is worthy, as long as you don't take your individuality too seriously. Have you ever had a lucid dream, where you realized you were not the character within the dream, but still went along with it for the adventure?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 minute ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

When you are everybody, then who are you? A "who" can only exist in reference to another "who". If there is only one who, then there really is no who at all.

I am still me just a bigger me. Bigger identity.

I am the single alone subject that continues to experience just without the belief in an other.

Just because I am everybody does not mean I disappear. In fact it makes me more permanent. So get use to yourself cause you aint going nowhere.

1 minute ago, Moksha said:

Because it is all the same Consciousness. The idea of being somebody is worthy, as long as you don't take your individuality too seriously. Have you ever had a lucid dream, where you realized you were not the character within the dream, but still went along with it for the adventure?

The point is there is only one consciousness which is I and which is evolving/expanding and experiencing with these bodies.

Creator is creation.

I do take my individuality serious because guess what?? I'm the only fucking individual there is. I'm the only one here. 

Completely alone. Forever. 

Myself is my company.

1 minute ago, WokeBloke said:

The point is there is only one consciousness which is I and which is evolving/expanding and experiencing with these bodies.

Creator is creation.

I do take my individuality serious because guess what?? I'm the only fucking individual there is. I'm the only one here. 

Completely alone. Forever. 

Myself is my company.

That's an apparent stage spiritual seekers can experience. It's called, or at least associated with, solipsism. It's not the truth -- it could be said to apparently be truer than materialism. Though in the end there's nothing truer than anything else, there's only the absolute without opposite or other.

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

That's an apparent stage spiritual seekers can experience. It's called, or at least associated with, solipsism. It's not the truth -- it could be said to apparently be truer than materialism. Though in the end there's nothing truer than anything else, there's only the absolute without opposite or other.

You are revealing your true beliefs. You think there are others. I know there aren't.

9 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

I am still me just a bigger me. Bigger identity.

I am the single alone subject that continues to experience just without the belief in an other.

Just because I am everybody does not mean I disappear. In fact it makes me more permanent. So get use to yourself cause you aint going nowhere.

An "I" can only exist if there is a "not I". You can only have an identity when there is something else to contrast it with. So you are everything and everybody as well as nothing and nobody. It's all the same, baby.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

2 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Are you familiar with solipsism? I see it as a step in the spiritual path, but not the summit.

Ultimately, there is no individuality. There is only Consciousness, creating the delusion of separation. A famous quote from Einstein, in a letter to a rabbi who suffered the loss of his 16-year-old daughter:

A human being is a part of the whole, called by us “Universe”, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest – a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.

Just now, Bazooka Jesus said:

An "I" can only exist if there is a "not I". You can only have an idenrity when there is something else to contrast it with. So you are everything and everybody as well as nothing and nobody. It's all the same, baby.

This is just made up nonsense. 

Existence does not need nor have an opposite.

I can say I without there being an other. In fact that's what I'm doing right now.

Since I become everybody you could say I am nothing becoming everything.

Since there is no longer just nothing. I am no longer just nothing.

8 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

You are revealing your true beliefs. You think there are others. I know there aren't.

It's just energy. And a total story. Everything said does not refer to anything which is true. There is of course no seeker and there are no others. And no knowing, for that matter. xD There isn't anything which refers to anything else, in reality.

The apparent stage happening there is often called solipsism. Of course there isn't actually someone there. I'm not talking to anything there's just perhaps an illusory sense that appears to be in that, but no one is talking to an actual appearance, there is just words happening and describing nothing for no reason.

Edited by The0Self

4 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Are you familiar with solipsism? I see it as a step in the spiritual path, but not the summit.

Ultimately, there is no individuality. There is only Consciousness, creating the delusion of separation. A famous quote from Einstein, in a letter to a rabbi who suffered the loss of his 16-year-old daughter:

A human being is a part of the whole, called by us “Universe”, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest – a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.

When you are everybody in the universe you are alone. That is called solipsism. It is actually one of the most important things to understand. The foundation of further evolution.

Consciousness is actually creating the delusion of there being an other.

2 minutes ago, The0Self said:

It's just energy. And a total story. Everything said does not refer to anything which is true. There is of course no seeker and there are no others. And no knowing, for that matter xD

1 seeker,

1 knower,

1 awareness

1 story/creation

1 creator

1 experiencer

5 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

When you are everybody in the universe you are alone. That is called solipsism.

You are not alone because there is no you. you play with that idea, from the self. when the self disappears there is no loneliness or company, there is only what is, impersonal, empty of content, bottomless.

Just now, WokeBloke said:

1 seeker,

1 knower,

1 awareness

1 story/creation

1 creator

1 experiencer

It's all oneness, but there's no separation between them, so there's no connection, and no separate things -- and one implies "I am real" which is a thing. There is only nothing, but it appears to be without limit.

1 minute ago, WokeBloke said:

When you are everybody in the universe you are alone. That is called solipsism. It is actually one of the most important things to understand. The foundation of further evolution.

It is more profound than that. There is no "you" that is alone. There is no individuality. It is all Consciousness, in different states of Self-awareness.

Solipsism is the idea that only "you" exist, and everything else is an illusion. "I" am a figment of "your" imagination. The reality is that all individuality, including "you" and "me", is bound within the dream. Evolution and devolution only occur within the dream. Ultimately, there is no change, and realizing this within the dream is the end of suffering.

Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God.

- A Course in Miracles