Progress

People Reading

12 posts in this topic

So I've been noticing this interesting aspect of human beings to be able to judge someone. When we judge someone I think it has to do with how we react to their energy. This is based on cores we value. For example when I decided to figure out why I disliked someone it boiled down to them not fitting my values. Interestingly enough the mind is so smart it can read/predict what a persons personality is. At least for me, it is 99% of the time right for me. I would only know this since I give everyone a fair chance(or at least I hope so). Some people are more or less proficient at "People Reading".

I feel like this stems from my past of judging others which means judging myself. So since I knew myself better from that, I knew others better. The other half of how well you "read" someone is how well you relate to them. I could see through the motives of others since I noticed that I had been a similar like experience. Due to my judgmental nature, I picked up on these "signs" subconsciously. 

Friendships are also entirely built on emotions. In other words, how people like the energy coming from another. There is a certain for lack of better words, "high" when you have a genuine social interaction with someone. This means that you like'd the energy someone displayed. Like a druggie, you come back for this "high". This "high" also makes you feel spiritually connected to the other person.

The Buddhist accredited a supernatural power to Mind Reading. I believe in scientific terms, the mind is so smart that it calculates all past information,the energy someone gives, physical signs and the infinite power of creativity in order to predict someones thought. I also believe that "People Reading" is a lesser extent of that supernatural power.

What is the point of this post? I just wanted to share some insights of this subject of People Reading. How you interact with others based on energy. How we can consciously or subconsciously(sometimes both) read peoples personalities and history. The mind is so brilliant that it is capable of using all past knowledge so efficiently to predict a person. I find that astonishing. 

I can definetly relate to what you're saying, is there any book written on the subject or arround it ?

@Lynnel Not as far as I know, this was just a little insight and connecting the dots. It would make a great book.

Actually, I wondered how people do this.

Few of my friends know me better than I know myself.

This was the case earlier. When I came across actualized.org, I started to get aware of myself, about my attitudes, habits and emotions.

That time I did google search on how to read people. I could not find any quality material to refer.

I was like, how internet does not have availability of such important knowledge. I thought, maybe it is immoral or people who have this skill do not want to share it because they can be called manipulative. 

Glad that we are discussing this here. @Greenhorn I would like to know more insights on this topic.

@Leo, Thanks for this forum. 

@Shantanu I personally tried to read people before too and kind of never put effort into it. Later I learned without effort and a little bit of awareness how to read people. It was mostly subconscious for a longtime. Most people don't share the knowledge because they don't even know they possess it. 

What you feel/read/understand about others, says something about yourself, not about those people.

There's no such thing as people reading from this perspective. 

The Truth, is that we are all perfect, holy and complete at any time :)

If you refer to "mind reading" - that is just a skill that one can acquire or be gifted by grace

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla I know, thats why I mentioned judging and relating to others. Knowing yourself and knowing others is one and the same. Since you judge others, you judge yourself. Since you relate to others, it shows you've been through a similar experience and therefore know(or more so) what the person is doing as a whole. 

It's definitely a phenomenal ability that can sometimes work against us because we may PRE-judge people and situations. Have you ever pre-judged someone based on your past experiences just to find out later that you were wrong? Also, have you ever forced yourself to go to an event that you thought would be boring, but instead ended up having the time of your life?

I don't know if there's anything more to the personality reading other than the gut feeling that's based purely on our past experiences. But don't dismiss the possibility of some invisible energy exchange that makes us feel a certain way about someone...

Progress, "People Reading" is a very broad topic, in my opinion. When you mention someone's "energy", I take that to mean attractiveness, agreeableness, and general mood. This is done naturally for the most part, but I do think one could focus on any one of these areas and learn about it; and refine the natural skill.

The other topic under People Reading I want to mention is deception. This adds a new dimension to it, and there are plenty of published works on the subject. I have had recent interest in AI being programmed for deception and related robot-human interaction experimentation. A look into these subjects will show that deception is a widely studied field with emerging technological applications.

@Natalya I like to mention I try not to judge but the mind tends to have an immediate subconscious judgment. For example I subconsciously predicted people would respond in certain ways due to past knowledge of people misunderstanding but did not to act upon that.

@WarPants People reading can be relatively useful since it allows you to know people deeper. This can be especially useful if you're doing therapy or something like it. 

For those still interested in this topic, :D Has it almost been a year already? Time really flies

Edited by Progress