Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sleep

Can god commit suicide?

22 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sleep said:

@Inliytened1 Yeah, as I imagined I don't get it. At least now I know that if whatever you guys are talking about is true I have no idea what it is yet and thus my fears are unfounded. 

1 hour ago, sleep said:

Well, imagine that you lost your memory. Right now, you lose your memory and there is absolutely no idea of anything ever having happened. In that moment, is there such a thing as endless life? Was there ever someone who endured years/decades/millennia in that moment? Really imagine this, you lose your memory permanently.

Then every moment is fresh, new, a rebirth. When that happens, you probably fall in love "all over again" (in fact, literally for the very first time) with reality.

And that's This. This is always fresh, always new, there is no self that goes through infinite lives. Memory is an object appearing now, making it seem like there is a self and that there is a past. There isn't, really.

So no one endures infinite time or endless existence.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

3 hours ago, Gili Trawangan said:

Well, imagine that you lost your memory. Right now, you lose your memory and there is absolutely no idea of anything ever having happened. In that moment, is there such a thing as endless life? Was there ever someone who endured years/decades/millennia in that moment? Really imagine this, you lose your memory permanently.

Then every moment is fresh, new, a rebirth. When that happens, you probably fall in love "all over again" (in fact, literally for the very first time) with reality.

And that's This. This is always fresh, always new, there is no self that goes through infinite lives. Memory is an object appearing now, making it seem like there is a self and that there is a past. There isn't, really.

So no one endures infinite time or endless existence.

I see, that's a more soothing version for me than an endless life. Thanks for your input.