PurpleTree

Is our generation a generation of idiots? :P

24 posts in this topic

@PurpleTree

On 19/9/2021 at 1:18 AM, PurpleTree said:

I was talking to a friend once and he went back to live with his mother because he f'd his relationship up.

And he told me our moms probably think we're a generation of wimps, retards and disappointments.

I found that funny. It seems so many (dudes especially) from my generation can't really grow up, me included.

It all depends on the culture. In Germany they have the culture that by 18 you should leave the household. In other Asian cultures you could be living with your parents forever and is encouraged to do so.

I prefer to question all these things and not blindy accept them. Personally i find it good to have nice food prepared everyday by a person who cares about me. I don't care about fitting into any particular role or standard. It is a privilege to have good food cooked everyday by someone else. Nobody will ever love you as much as your mother. And you want to cut that relationship short because of some peer pressure? 

If you are doing it to become autonomous then that is good. And definitely you wanna be as autonomous as quick as possible. You should be able to cook your own food, and take care of  your needs without relying on anybody.

But you could be living next door to your mother, be autonomous and also have a nice meal every day cooked by her. I don't see any problem with that. This is a privilege.  An once in a lifetime opportunity. Your mother will soon be dead. You will be missing her meals in your 50s and 60s.

Every meal is a precious gift (if she cooks well and healthily lol).

Definitely there are pros and cons. But cooking your own food every day is no fun. Nor you will ever cook better than someone who has done it for decades lol. Nor is fun being alone in an apartment. 

Here in Greece , people are encouraged to stay with their parents for many years (I am not supporting this idea entirely).

Also i've noticed very very old siblings who share the same house. It is nice to have company especially if you are close to death. Nobody wants to die alone.

Edited by SQAAD

17 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@PurpleTree

Here in Greece , people are encouraged to stay with their parents for many years (I am not supporting this idea entirely).

nope here it's not like that.

i got kicked out of the "house" with around 19

27 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@PurpleTree

Definitely there are pros and cons. But cooking your own food every day is no fun. Nor you will ever cook better than someone who has done it for decades lol. Nor is fun being alone in an apartment.

it depends. better alone than in some kind of toxic environment. also cooking isn't bad, i kind of enjoy that, although cleaning etc. i don't like at all.

I don't think this generation is dumber than the previous ones. It's probably the perception because we are globally connected now through the internet that we become more aware of the dumbest people in the world through the internet all the time. The dumbest people seem to get the most attention. Just look on Youtube and TikTok. We see stupid videos all the time and a lot of people have a morbid curiosity to see stupidity.

And we are also way more away of the less developed countries because of the globalization. The more developed countries will get more into contact with the less developed ones which will also affect the culture and views of the more developed societies. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)