Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wilhelm44

Confused by Solipsism ?

5 posts in this topic

In this clip Spira describes solipsism as a form of madness. In my own experience I feel there are elements of truth to solipsism. What does not feel true to me is saying that all the characters in my dream will disappear, when this dream life ends. Because many of the characters in my dream also have their own sovereign experience of solipsism. Is it not more true to say that each character or soul is dreaming a unique yet overlapping universe ? And is solipsism itself not also some form of illusion ? 

Yes, solipsism is conceptual madness. It's a bunch of illusory thoughts and ideas. And it can keep your head spinning for weeks. But it isn't the Absolute Truth. You need to make a distinction between concepts stirred up by the monkey mind and what is actually here. So... Go look at your hands!! 9_9

Edited by tuku747

One/many is a duality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

In this clip Spira describes solipsism as a form of madness. In my own experience I feel there are elements of truth to solipsism. What does not feel true to me is saying that all the characters in my dream will disappear, when this dream life ends.

In a separate universe or world which consists of separate physical things there would be separate ‘characters’, ‘elements of truth’, ‘solipsism’, ‘life’ and ‘endings’, as you say. 

Because many of the characters in my dream also have their own sovereign experience of solipsism.

And these separate physical things would have their own separate things. 

Is it not more true to say that each character or soul is dreaming a unique yet overlapping universe ? And is solipsism itself not also some form of illusion ? 

And there would be separate characters or souls which do, and this doing would be dreaming, and this dreaming would be separate. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE