Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Rationality vs Intuition

5 posts in this topic

Contemplating quitting my actual job because its very stressing for me and if i quit It i would have lots of free time to Focus 100% in finding a Job in software development.

I am getting interviews already from time to time But im having a hard time in passing the Next application process.

I have savings for 1 year aprox to live well

I know rationality says keeep the job until you find the other one, But i also think that if i quit this current job i Will be

- crazy more motivated to find this one

- more free time to polish my portfolio/adding another Big project maybe.

What you think? Im not sure if i can do a lot to increase my employability just working on coding 2 hours a day at most (i cant get more free time than that, i have others things to do too). If i quit Job ill be Able to maybe put 5-6 hours a day on It. 

Edited by Javfly33

Quitting can be liberating, but it's your survival on the line. Depending on the sort of person you are, either you will be motivated by it, or demotivated by it - there's only one way to find out. Personally, the times I've done it, I eventually got demotivated and burned through my money.

Quit. Have a little break and/or holiday for a few weeks, then treat your time after that like going to work, have a routine and stick to it, concentrate on that portfolio. Then make a deadline after which you will start looking for work again, maybe after six months.

All stories and explanations are false.

Can you reduce your hours?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 18/9/2021 at 0:24 AM, Thought Art said:

Can you reduce your hours?

Unfortunately no, that would be ideal, indeed.

On 18/9/2021 at 0:24 AM, Thought Art said:

Can you reduce your hours