Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AleksM

How to contemplate your desires and motivations?

4 posts in this topic

Sometimes I wish that I would desire to read more books, but I don't. Maybe I just feel resistance toward it. How do I contemplate my desires and motivations? How can I desire  something more than I do right now?

Try to narrow down your thoughts a bit. For example, you could read some super easy short books, like children's books.. However.. As you just read that. You probably instantly recognize that, that wouldn't have been satisfying as the desire that you say you wish for. So you have to be more specific and honest with yourself.

Why do you wish to read more books? That is a good start.

Do you want to learn something because it is exciting for you personally. Or do you merely want to impress others, by stubbornly plowing through alot of book maybe?

You could also ask yourself this.

If you only got to read one book. What book would you choose? And why?

@AleksM

Sometimes if you desire something and resistance is the thing that gets in the way bc maybe its too much work or its to hard thn the best thing to do is to get held accountable towards taking action. i feel like that is one answer

Where does your desire to read more books come from? Do you have some insecurities regarding your level of intellect?

The ego is tricky in this way.