charlie cho

Do books clubs actually benefit us in seeping deep into what we learn?

6 posts in this topic

When it comes to reading books, I wonder if there could be value in discussing what we have read with each other on the same subject. Especially when it comes to books that are quite difficult. But not only with difficult books, I like conversing on ideas with people who have the same interests and want success in that area. I formed a book club with a few people just to experiment how it is because to have acquired knowledge and not share our insights seem to be a waste. What do you think

Edited by charlie cho

23 minutes ago, charlie cho said:

When it comes to reading books, I wonder if there could be value in discussing what we have read with each other on the same subject. Especially when it comes to books that are quite difficult. But not only with difficult books, I like conversing on ideas with people who have the same interests and want success in that area. I formed a book club with a few people just to experiment how it is because to have acquired knowledge and not share our insights seem to be a waste. What do you think

I agree with this a lot.

Discussing any idea is always useful, especially if done in one on one or group settings.

It is satisfying, at least to me and most importantly it helps you to understand things in a deeper way and may uncover epistemological blind spots.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

@KennedyCarter My friend used to live in the same city, now he lives in America. I live in Asia. It's online. What books are you interested in. Right now, we are starting off easy. Reading Cal Newport's So good they can't ignore you, since we are both interested in getting a great business idea for ourselves.