RickyFitts

My song for the day

209 posts in this topic

I've been listening to so much music recently, I swear I'm addicted. I always had a love affair with music, but I've had phases in the last few turbulent, trying years when I just fell out of love with it, had no desire for it - and a part of me felt so sad about it. As I'm slowly healing, though, I'm rediscovering my love for it - and I find myself wanting to share the music that stirs my soul with other people, the way my friends and lovers introduced me  to music I would come to love deeply.

In that spirit, my first choice is going to be a song that was shared with me by one of the most beautiful people I ever met, a wonderful Texan woman called Zulabelle - she introduced me to so much music, and I swear she never shared a song with me that I didn't absolutely adore:

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

First verse of the song:

Some say love is a burning thing
That it makes a fiery ring
Oh but I know love as a fading thing
Just as fickle as a feather in a stream
See, honey, I saw love,
You see it came to me
It puts its face up to my face so I could see
Yeah then I saw love disfigure me
Into something I am not recognizing

Zulabelle posted this on a forum we both frequented after our intensely loving relationship had fizzled. 

Even when she was heartbroken, she was beautiful...

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Sounds cool. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Thanks!

I'm listening to so much music at the moment that it's hard to pick just one, but this is the one I'm feeling at the moment, bit of a change of pace from the last one:

I'd love to know who dreamt up that video, and what exactly they were smoking at the time xD

Edited by RickyFitts

Ah man, I told myself I'd limit myself to one song a day, but this one's just come on and I have to share it - David Gilmour's guitar-playing speaks to my soul like no other, and I just love his voice, too:

Pink Floyd - 'Empty Spaces/What Shall We Do Now?'

God, how I love Florence Welch :x She's a force of nature and her passion and forcefulness intimidates me a bit sometimes, but it's so alluring at the same time :x

On 8/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, RickyFitts said:

I just fell in love with this song

3 minutes ago, Gianna said:

I just fell in love with this song

:):):):):)  

And of course I'm going to have to listen to it again now you've said that! xD 

A bonus one for you, @Gianna :) 

@Gianna Exactly how I feel when I watch them playing together like this, I just love seeing a group of very accomplished musicians working together like that to produce something so beautiful :x