Godishere

Infinity vs finite

9 posts in this topic

Infinity cannot be imagined by the finite mind because the finite mind is imagined through the infinite. 

The thing you guys have all got backwards. (You guys), the unenlightened one.

How do I access the infinite? Meditation??? Come on ? if you want a real taste of infinity, you know the obvious answer. Spoiler alert it's not by reading a book or listening to your Imam

Infinity doesn't have an edge, it's unbounded. What in our experience is unbounded? Consciousness itself, existence.

All stories and explanations are false.

1 hour ago, Godishere said:

Infinity cannot be imagined by the finite mind because the finite mind is imagined through the infinite. 

"Infinity vs finite" is a thinking that appears thanks to existence itself, isn't it? 
There is no such thing as finite. Finite is infinite. Find the source of thinking. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@allislove well exactly, I completely agree.I think you misunderstand me, what I suppose I am conveying is that you ask yourself where is the infinite, show me the infinite? Through the finite *lens*

So here I am 'imagining' infinity, through the finite lens. (Which was the infinite all along).

We could replace the words with relative, absolute, donkey balls if we wanted to

Edited by Godishere

@Godishere ?

Yes, the question "where is the infinite" arises due to believing that you are finite.

here = you = 'imagining' = infinity = finite lens

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Ok, so what would be a better way to frame it then? ?

This is directed at the one who is not conscious of what infinity IS. 

Of course A=A

Try explaining that to someone who is not conscious of what A is though. I'm merely pointing that you need to change the lens to understand the infinite. Who knows? Maybe I worded it wrong and it's been misconstrued. 

3 hours ago, Godishere said:

you know the obvious answer.

so what is the answer?