Hulia

Leo, you are so much wrong in this video with a red dress :(

81 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2021 at 3:07 AM, Leo Gura said:

Much farming these days is done by automated tractor robots.

In the future all farming will be automated. Why would anyone want to work in the fields for 12 hours per day? This is like slavery.

If kids can learn 12 years of mathematics, they can certainly be taught Spiral Dynamics and everything that Actualized.org teaches. It's not like this is rocket science. This stuff should be basic learning material for kids. It should all be known by the end of high school.

There cannot be an advanced society without such education. So it will happen.

You're just forgetting that we live in the Dark Ages.

I agree we’re living in the Dark Ages. I respectfully disagree with you’re view of farming, though. Or some of your views. The more of a math nerd a child is, usually the less common sense they have. Also, the more higher education they get, the worse off they get in that regard and live life stuck completely in their head and usually base their assessments of the world hooked to the self important side of self esteem espoused by the culture which keeps them sure of themselves. There are too many eggheads who have no Being. I feel I can say that because I’m an egghead,,, kinda. But I was also put to work with farm chores as a child. Figuring out how to do things like use of leverage to open a tight gate but with a weakly child body or do other things that’s no problem for a an adult male, strengthwise. It forces one how to think for themselves at a young age. Lot’s of similar situations in that environment,,, A certain balance of living connected to nature but also having to deal with these little difficulties is very grounding for children.
It’s true in a sense that as time goes on, hard living can create narrow minded people more prone to behaving brutally, but not always.

While on the topic of farming, I feel you’re views about grass fed beef have been influenced by the propaganda of those in advertising and public relations of big Ag. While it’s true that the quality of finished beef has improved greatly in recent years through mostly the improved genetics of Angus and Limousine cattle, the use of the terms “organic” and “grass fed” in labeling have been mixed in with a big metaphorical plié of bullshit. As you’ve pointed out in some of your videos. There is just an inherent dishonesty in public relations, advertising, branding, etc.,,.

I agree with you that Spiral Dynamics should be taught and known by the end of high school.  IMO, that would help create understanding, balance, and a higher degree of consciousness in the population.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn