ciclonado

I have a phobia of the darkness/"fantasms"

8 posts in this topic

I can't sleep well at night because I have a phobia of darkness/fantasms. Other thing I can't do is to have a silent time when I am alone at home(I am 15 yo).  I think it was caused because of horror films and these kind of stuff, but I don't see those for a long time, and still this phobia persists. What could I do about it ?

I used to be like that when I was teen just because I had a pretty vivid dream of demons in my childhood.

you gotta be aware of the fact that your ego is reacting to the darkness. ego is insecure when everything gets dark. then it projects insecurities as something external like demon or something similar. now I can meditate in darkness at 4:00 am without my ego reaction, all disappeared!

observe those reactions and let 'em go!

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@hamedsf Imma expose myself to more of those situations, trying to be aware why the ego is acting in this way and getting out of my comfort zone. I think after a great ammount of hours you just get used to it, maybe I can try some kind of meditation when I am in this kind of situation, what do you think ?

@ciclonado yep, good boy. expose yourself and feel right into it. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Look into art and creative writing, or any creative pursuits that call to you. Once you realize how to draw shadows, or write them into a story, you start to realize how you're creating it when you don't want to be. When your mind goes into creative mode by default, direct it to the story you're writing, the project you're doing. It's a power. Harness it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Sit alone in a dark room, in meditation. That's how I managed this fear.

14 hours ago, ciclonado said:

I can't sleep well at night because I have a phobia of darkness/fantasms. Other thing I can't do is to have a silent time when I am alone at home(I am 15 yo).  I think it was caused because of horror films and these kind of stuff, but I don't see those for a long time, and still this phobia persists. What could I do about it ?

I had the same thing.

For me it definitely was horror movies.

I cant remember what i watched, but it made super fearful of the dark.

I suppose what you could do is specifically look at calming and peaceful things.

Then you could replace the fear by understanding and peace of over time.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming