Indianonymous

Why am I never happy no matter how much I achieve and succeed?

8 posts in this topic

So firstly, I find that Leo has pretty much every single question I have ever had to ask answered in some video or the other.

Does Leo have a video on never being happy/satisfied in life no matter how much you achieve/accomplish? If so what is the title of it/link if someone can assist me here?

About my question/topic at hand.

I find myself to be ALWAYS looking forward to the next thing to achieve and accomplish.

Like in 2019, I was 29 yo, all I would do would be to look forward to video games, masturbate and fucking eat like shit, and watch TV, just living to drone on into the next day.

Today, I have my own business, that I have made AMAZING strides at including money. I have my own Youtube that has had a lot of success. I have improved like 25x in terms of Game and Pick Up to be able to put myself out there and not fear judgment etc etc etc.

Yet no matter how much I do, I always feel like I am behind

1) Either someone else.

2) MOST IMPORTANTLY "My IDEAL Self"

Like I know logically one shouldn't compare themselves with others, but I feel like when I try to accomplish things, I look up to the best in the field, and then I compare my results in my experience in THEIR field, with their results, of which they are of course MASTERS in their field...

I also know that I should be comparing myself to my yesterday's self and be proud of my accomplishments, but I think from time to time I keep getting bogged down by external validation and also just somehow feel like I forget doing that or just completely ignore it.

I wonder if this has something to do with low self-esteem/low self-worth, which was my raising, but I have worked ENDLESSLY on it to improve myself since then. I have addressed a LOT of my insecurities and my fears, I have had some amazingly powerful, and enlightening Psychedelic trips, but I also seem to get caught in this weird annoying quicksand-like bog that seems to pull me down/keep me stagnant/unable to enjoy life STRESS-FREE.

Like I KNOW I will accomplish EVERY SINGLE THING I put my mind to. I always have. No matter how hard something is, I have made endless efforts and strides and ALWAYS improved 10 fold MINIMUM if not 100 fold. But I always seem to stress myself out in the PRESENT moment, thinking/hoping about the future, or just somehow feeling and predicting that the future moment would be better than now, AFTER I put all the work in and "improve/accomplish".

Is there something he talks about somewhere where you get to enjoy and appreciate the PRESENT moment?

I am loving his Satisfaction Meditation since that is something that DIRECTLY addressed this topic and trains you for it.

He does have a video talking about happiness and how being happy is a choice. Which it is. Things or achievements won’t bring happiness. You have to decide to be happy and what ever else happens is a cherry on top. 

Here’s a tip though. Gratitude! Remember how lucky we are in this dream. There’s manny humans with much worse life’s. Maybe look up how other people live around the world and you’ll realize that you should be grateful and happy for what you do have.

Remember you’re an infinite soul in an infinite dream with infinite possibilities. Everything will be ok, we love you.

xoxo KennedyCarter 

Your answer is in your question. Why u seek happiness in achievement and success??

Well money or success alone isn’t enough to make a bright person happy by itself. You can buy any-and-every thing and it won’t get you closer to feeling like you have a purpose or to give you the idea that anything you do really matters, for any meaningful amount of time. Success is s little different, depending on your definition or whatever. Success just for success is probably meaningless. But if your “success” involves doing truly good and noble things, or genuinely helping people and feeling their appreciation, then I would say that version of “success” should get you starting to feel better about yourself. But everything is subjective. A great day for me could be an average day for you, or vise versa. I hate to say it, but I think the sooner people come to the realization that we are pretty insignificant; that we could work ourselves to death for 50 years and not be remembered 5 years after we die; that things don’t necessarily have to mean anything, but that the better we treat others and the happier they are, the better they treat us and the happier we will be — and the flip side, that lying, cheating, stealing, and hurting  others has a profound effect on how we see ourselves and subconsciously or otherwise, we end up disliking ourselves which often makes us nasty to be around and is like a self-reinforcing cycle  of misery. Also, striving to be better, so you can be happier and make others happier, is a valid and worthwhile endeavor, even if we aren’t rewarded for it by some bearded man on a cloud. 

I have the exact same problem. The issue stems from the emotions we had growing up. We are used to those feelings being behind in life, unsatisfied due to various external reasons, not meeting average expectations, etc. If you lived many years during your youth with these emotions, then your body will be used to feeling this way. You can change the ideas and beliefs you have in the your mind very quickly, but the emotions still persists. I feel that it probably will take decades until I can get my emotions totally aligned with what my mind believes now.

I also wonder if you're like me, where I would always dream very big when I was young. I somehow always wanted the very best in my student years, always thinking about what I needed to do to obtain this or that. These were mostly negative motivations, because I was left behind in most of my student years, disconnected from the "alpha" group. And I have this stubborness to be as good as those classmates were, refusing to admit defeat. Not sure if you also have this sort of feeling.

It's very strange, because I've been learning about personal development and enlightenment for 6 years now and have changed most of my previous beliefs. And I still feel this way.

You can have all the material means in this world and all the success. By if you don't have yourself everything is lost. 

Singer

14™

On 16/08/2021 at 8:44 PM, Indianonymous said:

So firstly, I find that Leo has pretty much every single question I have ever had to ask answered in some video or the other.

Does Leo have a video on never being happy/satisfied in life no matter how much you achieve/accomplish? If so what is the title of it/link if someone can assist me here?

About my question/topic at hand.

I find myself to be ALWAYS looking forward to the next thing to achieve and accomplish.

Like in 2019, I was 29 yo, all I would do would be to look forward to video games, masturbate and fucking eat like shit, and watch TV, just living to drone on into the next day.

Today, I have my own business, that I have made AMAZING strides at including money. I have my own Youtube that has had a lot of success. I have improved like 25x in terms of Game and Pick Up to be able to put myself out there and not fear judgment etc etc etc.

Yet no matter how much I do, I always feel like I am behind

1) Either someone else.

2) MOST IMPORTANTLY "My IDEAL Self"

Like I know logically one shouldn't compare themselves with others, but I feel like when I try to accomplish things, I look up to the best in the field, and then I compare my results in my experience in THEIR field, with their results, of which they are of course MASTERS in their field...

I also know that I should be comparing myself to my yesterday's self and be proud of my accomplishments, but I think from time to time I keep getting bogged down by external validation and also just somehow feel like I forget doing that or just completely ignore it.

I wonder if this has something to do with low self-esteem/low self-worth, which was my raising, but I have worked ENDLESSLY on it to improve myself since then. I have addressed a LOT of my insecurities and my fears, I have had some amazingly powerful, and enlightening Psychedelic trips, but I also seem to get caught in this weird annoying quicksand-like bog that seems to pull me down/keep me stagnant/unable to enjoy life STRESS-FREE.

Like I KNOW I will accomplish EVERY SINGLE THING I put my mind to. I always have. No matter how hard something is, I have made endless efforts and strides and ALWAYS improved 10 fold MINIMUM if not 100 fold. But I always seem to stress myself out in the PRESENT moment, thinking/hoping about the future, or just somehow feeling and predicting that the future moment would be better than now, AFTER I put all the work in and "improve/accomplish".

Is there something he talks about somewhere where you get to enjoy and appreciate the PRESENT moment?

I am loving his Satisfaction Meditation since that is something that DIRECTLY addressed this topic and trains you for it.

I figured out the answer to the "my Ideal Self". And for that matter even comparison with others.

It's the concept of the book the Gap & the Gain. Brilliant book, do yourselves a service and read it!