Ya know

What is the difference between being yourself, and being the ego?

6 posts in this topic

Is there a difference? Is one pure awareness of reality unfolding without input from mind, and the other trying to create things through your wants?

I guess if you had no ego, you would be dead. So maybe the goal is to eliminate psychological ego as much as possible?

Kids are a good example, they are new  to the world and have no bias towards it unless taught from other people. They use intuition more than thinking. 

Babies always warm my heart because they remind me of infinite love.

xoxo KennedyCarter 

I was contemplating this a while back and I did a whole journal entry that I recommend checking out:

A couple of key points from that post: 

I think our preferences, tastes, hobbies, personality traits, etc. gets egoic when we believe that it is something stagnant in ourselves.

Preferences, tastes, hobbies, personality traits, etc. gets egoic when we believe that something we're doing has some absolute truth that other people have to agree with or aspire to. 

I go into detail and provide examples for both. 

Hope this helps!

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

You are always the self. It may be awaken or in ignorence, but you are the self, as you perceive life. Ego is part of the self. Sharp elbows, reacting to confrontations, resisting life, getting annoyed, wanting to prove yourself, taking on a personality, it is still the self, just the small ego. The big ego, has risen from those concepts, such as mine and yours. The big ego just accept, worldly phenomena, and realise everything is eventually one, and peace and happiness, is found with in, and not in the world.

Edited by Rishi9