Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Afonso

The Meditation Habit Sheet

3 posts in this topic

I've been meditating for a couple of months now so I decided to make a log sheet, where I put the duration, technique and a summary of my experience everyday.

I attached the PDF file to this post. Just print it and start using it :D

Here's how it looks after (kinda) finished:

unnamed.jpg

Meditation Habit Sheet.pdf

This is cool! Might use it myself. I'm currently doing 2X20-25 min sessions a day, ideally working my way up to one 60 minute session.

Would anyone care to answer these questions:

1. Meditating on a chair vs sitting crossed legged?
  2. What is better? One 60 minute session or two 30 minute sessions per day? 

On 12/1/2016 at 10:24 PM, Joel3102 said:

This is cool! Might use it myself. I'm currently doing 2X20-25 min sessions a day, ideally working my way up to one 60 minute session.

Would anyone care to answer these questions:

1. Meditating on a chair vs sitting crossed legged?
  2. What is better? One 60 minute session or two 30 minute sessions per day? 

Posture effects the way energy moves in the body, and so it has impact on awareness and consciousness. Cross legged is a good way to sit, and if you are comfortable with it, do it that way. If you can increase flexibility and have OK knees, once you get more comfortable, try looking up videos on how to sit in half-lotus as an experiment in how a not too intense change can effect your meditation.

It's a good idea to look up some basic videos on getting into even the most basic postures, especially when it comes to sitting, because we can unknowingly be putting pressure on our joints which can have accumulative negative effects over time. 

That being said, what is probably much more important than how you sit, is the sustainability of your practice. Therefore if you're unable to sit cross legged, then sitting on a chair, or sitting, lying, or being in ANY position is fine, and not something you need to give too much thought to.

Either way I also suggest back support. 

As for 60m for 30m, I guess it comes down to your goals. If you're aiming for overall well-being I'd go for 30m twice a day since its effects are kind of spread throughout the day and allows two points for integrating and releasing pressure. 

Edited by Arman