Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
7thLetter

Tips on how to generate views/clicks on Youtube videos?

4 posts in this topic

My current approach on generating views on Youtube is to get on Google Trends and search for trending keywords that are related to my video, to add into the title and description.

For example I would search up a specific topic like "Money", then Google Trends allows you to narrow the search results down to a specific country or worldwide, specify the timeframe, and select whether you're looking for popular search terms on Google or Youtube, so we select Youtube of course.

Then it shows you search terms that are trending on Youtube related to your topic, so I add those keywords into my title & description.

This worked for me with other random videos that I uploaded, it got me a couple thousand views on them.

Anyone have any other tips on generating views on Youtube? Maybe specifically tips for a channel that isn't too flashy or too clickbait-worthy?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Dopamine.

You'll need click-bait and novelty in your videos. Unless your target audience isn't half asleep while browsing YouTube. But that would be quite rare.

Quality content

Videos with great quality and information get more watch time, which as of last time I checked, makes YouTube recommend your videos more. But that only works if people click on your video and see that it is relevant to them. (Dopamine)

Payed Advertisement

$ for clicks/views.

Uniqueness and novelty. 

Not just in terms of content, but also in terms of how it's displayed.  

Like, Look at Leo's thumbnails for his videos.  I know exactly, or pretty damn close, which video is a Leo video based on like a 1 second glimpse of the photo, not even looking at the title or who it's buy.  There's something about the way he designs his thumbnails and content that has a certain uniqueness to it.  A certain aesthetic.  they're simple, creative, etc.. 

Maybe try to experiment with the style and design (camera work, editing, sound, lighting, etc.) to try and create not just valuable and unique content, but a unique presentation and style.  One that really reflects who you are and your own authenticity. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

It's a pretty broad question. The niche you're in and video style/format would help. A few suggestions based on having 2 channels with a combined 15-20m views or so:

• Go broad like Mr. Beast - If there is a wide appeal, then YouTube can give more impressions which can lead to more clicks and then to more views
    • This can even work for newer channels, but the title, thumbnail, and topic has to be on-point
  • Always make the first 15 seconds engaging AF and give them some kind of impression that there is more value to come (this can be indirectly communited in the video title or thumbnail without having to say anything in the video itself)
  • Video topic - This is everything. Moreso than title and thumbnail. You can select topics based on Google Trends, however I'd suggest looking at 3-5 popular competitor channels and get a feel for what pops in your niche
  • Have similar videos on your channel so there's a logical sequence of watching for the viewer to follow. For example, 'Sadhguru's Top 5 Tips on Loneliness', then have another video, 'Buddha's Top 5 Tips on Loneliness' - since the viewer may also be interested in that too and it may show up in suggested.