roopepa

I'm thinking about conspiracy mindset.

25 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Alex M said:

These type of posts generally turn into chimps flinging shit at each other. Including this one.

Cute :x

1 hour ago, Parththakkar12 said:

The whole is more than the sum of its parts. It's not just the sum of its parts!

Systems work in counter-intuitive ways.

What I am pointing here is what seems to be natural across all life, defending identity (that of a cell, a finger, a hand, a body...) and resisting upwards movement, fearing the loss of individuality (which have never had separate existence) creating story of oppressor/manipulation coming from outside. "I can't accept it as truth, it must be a lie." Recognizing ones role as a part of the hand (and the hand itself), which has always been the case, is not authoritarian movement, nor the hand oppressing the finger.

Point me the exact problems of my misunderstanding of holism right here and stop being so vague.

Also, @Leo Gura I would appreciate your feedback too. I am honestly interested understanding this better.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

2 hours ago, Alex M said:

These type of posts generally turn into chimps flinging shit at each other. Including this one.

Welcome to my chimp shit war.

13 minutes ago, roopepa said:

Point me the exact problems of my misunderstanding of holism right here and stop being so vague.

Okay. Let's say you take away human hands and replace them with feet. Now, the human is a four-legged creature.

Your hand also has 5 fingers, the foot also has 5 fingers. But, the things the hand can do are radically different from the things the foot can do!

Here's my claim (and this is what I think our fundamental disagreement is), is that human-beings, because of centuries of corruption, have created an unnatural system that's hierarchical instead of holarchical. That's like creating a foot, when you need a hand! Then, saying that 'But we needed 5 fingers! Shouldn't this work?! Isn't the hand just supposed to be the sum of 5 fingers?!' And 'Why isn't the large toe of the foot acting like the thumb of the hand? It's being self-centred by doing so!! We need you to be a thumb, so be a thumb!! Recognize what the hand needs you to be and become a thumb', when the problem isn't with the finger, it's with the fact that you have a foot, not a hand.

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

27 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Okay. Let's say you take away human hands and replace them with feet. Now, the human is a four-legged creature.

Your hand also has 5 fingers, the foot also has 5 fingers. But, the things the hand can do are radically different from the things the foot can do!

Here's my claim (and this is what I think our fundamental disagreement is), is that human-beings, because of centuries of corruption, have created an unnatural system that's hierarchical instead of holarchical. That's like creating a foot, when you need a hand! Then, saying that 'But we needed 5 fingers! Shouldn't this work?! Isn't the hand just supposed to be the sum of 5 fingers?!' And 'Why isn't the large toe of the foot acting like the thumb of the hand? It's being self-centred by doing so!! We need you to be a thumb, so be a thumb!! Recognize what the hand needs you to be and become a thumb', when the problem isn't with the finger, it's with the fact that you have a foot, not a hand.

Thanks! This clarified it a lot. I'll think about it. :)