Twega

Preparing for Job Interview? (Big 4)

4 posts in this topic

Idk if I should post this here or on Life Purpose, Career & Entrepreneurship.

This will be my first job interview as I am just fresh out of college and finished my internship.

As such, I don't know if they will even ask me technical questions, especially considering my position will be unrelated to my major.

Do you have any advice for me? I usually try to be as natural as I can and not bullshit; I am a good speaker and confident, so I am not worried about bumbling when I speak.

The company is Delloite.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Just be yourself. 

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

@Twega

Few tips that may help you score the interview in corporate 

• BE ON TIME !!! - in fact, be there 20 minutes earlier. Sometimes just getting through reception, getting badge, walking through security and getting in elevator during morning peak may take 15 minutes. Expect delays so be early 
  • Pay a lot of attention to your appearance on the day: clean ironed suit, well-washed face, well-shaved, perfume, proper hair style. Make sure your breath doesn't smell of coffee, no stuff between teeth etc - V4 are super fussy about their employe appearance, especially if you'd be doing more client-oriented work. 
  • Talk directly to the topic - usually these recruiters are very short on time and attention ability, they'll judge you based on first 60 seconds. 
  • Learn about the company, what they do, the products, major clients, bit about history, note down  few interesting facts 
  • get some updates on some major breakthroughs that Deloitte has been through recently. Make sure you are aware of any recent major achievements or successes by the company 
  • familiarise yourself well with the criteria of the future position and be prepared to give some examples of how your skills match those requirements. What value will they get from hiring you? Be very specific. 
  • I know you probably haven't had a lot of experience being post-grad but if there are any personal achievements (academic, sports, ..anything else) be prepared to talk about those. 
  • Be prepared to talk about your strengths and weaknesses 
  • Don't lie but it is ok to slightly exaggerate some of your past achievements
  • Be humble, if you have no idea about something they ask, humbly admit it. They can usually sense bulshitting. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus