Tightness In Chest

11 posts in this topic

Hey, lately I've been feeling tightness in my chest during meditation. Its a little hard to breath in fully. I am not really sure what to do about it? Any advice?

Edited by Mr Lenny

[insert quote here]

@Mr Lenny Only during meditation? If so it could be anxiety caused by suppressing or repressing something subconsciously. If it happens more than just during meditation see a Doctor about it. Noticing it sometimes makes it worse too so just try to relax and let go of it. Also sometimes we just need to purge shit out. Have you balled your eyes out lately? Sometimes a good cry is just what's needed. Leo should do a vid on purging.

@cetus56 Well, if the anxiety is caused by suppressing or repressing something subconsciously what can I do about it? 

[insert quote here]

Search inside and be honest with yourself. When something emerges deal with it head on. Than let it all go. If that's what it is. It's all the mind anyway.  Existence is like a bubble happening within the absolute. The mind is limited to the bubble. But awareness is of the absolute. Expand out into that infinite field. Be that. Start with what's right in front of you now. Not what your eyes and mind see. No.  Look deeper....  Use your Intuition. There Is something there that eludes your 5 senses. Awareness. It's like an infinitely thirsty sponge and all this happens within it. Be the absolute and not the bubble within it. I'm talking total transcendence of mind and existence.  Find that alpha space and you'll know what you are.

@cetus56

Just now, cetus56 said:

Search inside and be honest with yourself. When something emerges deal with it head on. Than let it all go. If that's what it is. It's all the mind anyway.  Existence is like a bubble happening within the absolute. The mind is limited to the bubble. But awareness is of the absolute. Expand out into that infinite field. Be that. Start with what's right in front of you now. Not what your eyes and mind see. No.  Look deeper....  Use your Intuition. There Is something there that eludes your 5 senses. Awareness. It's like an infinitely thirsty sponge and all this happens within it. Be the absolute and not the bubble within it. I'm talking total transcendence of mind and existence.  Find that alpha space and you'll know what you are.

Basically, keep meditating? o.O

[insert quote here]

Not just meditating but seeing that mind is just B.S. anyway.

Yes, keep meditating and you can explore the feeling. I have the same thing and it has to do with self-judgment for me. 

I see. Well try work on it.  Be the empty space that all this happens within. Just think of that for a moment. Focus on it. If you allow it ,it will reveal itself to you. This doesn't happen within the mind. This is when the letting go plays a crucial role.