Kevster

Help Please

27 posts in this topic

You know what you don't want, it's already a lot :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Kevster you need to keep your practice clean. don't label it as hard, easy, good, irritating, pleasant etc.

you cannot get anything from meditation but you still need to practice it. let your ego swallow this pill.

the book i linked is very powerful. read it slowly. it's your medicine. :)

unborn Truth

That is wonderful news! It looks as though you are truly opening your mind to understanding yourself intra and interpersonally. Keep up the great practice in mindfulness and positive behaviors. 

For your interest in learning of other cultures, I recommend reading/watching anthropological works. (Many other fields for the topic as well, just too many to list; Google ?)

Best wishes! ?

@Kevster

@ajasatya Yeah, also what the book states. Makes very much sense. 

I realise that modern Western Culture has made some sort of 'drug' out of meditation again to achieve benefits equivalent to the hype around cold showers, no fap etcetera, but that is not the point of meditation at all, even though I must admit the benefits are most wellcome. So the modern western values and its era of self-improvement uses meditation not how it is in its most pure form. It only takes it for its fruits, what it can use from it, it doesn't really respect meditation as the organism it embodies. This is the only way I can express it at best now. 

Perhaps I can better call these extrinsic values of meditation, while the intrinsic values are found in the anthropological works. 

I do have a question:

As I wrote before these nightmares are getting more intense and freakish, sometimes to the point that I am really upset even a couple hours after I woke up. I have a really hard time dealing with them (lots of anger and fear). Last night my neighbour knocked the door because I was screaming in my sleep. The same old dream as I had in my youth and which I have no clue what it means... Do you know ways to discover their meaning?? Or shouldnt I take it too seriously. 

Thanks in advance

@Kevster Maybe read The gulag archipelago by Alexander Solzhenitsyn for some perspective. 

Count your blessings!

You have a girlfriend do something adventurous with her instead of watching tv.

learn a new skill or to appreciate something new.

sounds simple maybe but the simple things helped me. ( it took time tho )

good luck.

@Kevster sorry, but dreams are not my domain. i do suspect that they point to our deepest attachments and aversions. if you want to solve this dream issue in particular, a psychologist might be a better option.

unborn Truth

I can feel your frustration. Some days are like that. We will have to move on. For advice, it is better that you consult a counselor. Do meditation, yoga daily.