Twega

SA 9+ Nutritionist Reviews | Abbey Sharp's SIBO Diagnosis

2 posts in this topic

The more I study SIBO and how people try to heal it, the more I realize it is one of the most counter-intuitive or, should I say, counter-productive diseases to have. When you have SIBO, you react to different foods; you start cutting back on many food groups, which further diminishes the biodiversity of the gut microbiota, which further weakens the immune system and allows for the infection to repopulate. Moreover, the foods linked with greater microbiota diversity are those with which people with SIBO will react the most badly. So it's a viscous cycle.

For those of you with SIBO, have you tried doing this protocol? His knowledge is very comprehensive, and notice he makes subtle distinctions between things that Abbey does not. Notice also how he interprets the study while apparently she only just read the title. To me, this signals he knows what he is talking about.

@Leo Gura, I think this may be useful to you even if you do not agree with everything. I know you don't like it when people try to help you with your health. My LP is to communicate knowledge and insight; so I'm only doing what I love by love :P

@Twega Thanks for linking, I'll have a watch soon. Dealing with combined methane/hydrogen SIBO.