Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marinus

Switching From Studies

6 posts in this topic

Recently I saw this video from Leo about intuition.

Now, I am studying Engineering in the Netherlands, where I live. The education is very broad, it has multiple direction. you can take in the second year. To work as an engineer, you need to be good at mathematics and physics.

A while ago I learned about the theory of multiple intelligences. There are nine of them

http://fundersandfounders.com/9-types-of-intelligence/\

I know that my talents lay in four out of nine intelligences:

Spatial;

Naturalist;

Intra persona;

Existential.

The latter is obvious, because that is why I started my journey just like all of you.

The only one of them that I can apply at (product)engineering is spatial intelligence. Because you can need to draw an item or product. Mathematics however is not one of my talents, but it is extremely import for this type of work.

When Leo recommended to read books for self-development I really got interested in the psychology of the human mind. If I complete my current year, then I will get a propaedeutic diploma. The propaedeutic diploma gives me access to every collage of applied sciences. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaedeutics

The only problem is the need for technicians, should I switch between educations? I hope some of you can share your thoughts and stories with me, because I think it’s hard to make choices like this.

Thank you for reading

21 hours ago, Marinus said:

the only problem is the need for technicians

what do you mean by that?

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

22 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

22 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

In the Netherlands you can get jobs very easily if you want to work in the technical branch of carreers, because they have a lack of technicians.

so you want to pursue psychology but you don't think you will get a job? 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

@Marinus

If you want to harness your intuition and make it easier for you to get an accurate answer, I would definitely recommend daily meditation/mindfulness. When you meditate, you increase bodily awareness which you need to make intuitive decisions. Another tip is when you listen to your intuition for the accurate answer as to which career to choose, listen to the emotional tone behind the answer.

If you ask: Do I want to become a psychologist and feel contraction or defensive, then it probably is not the right choice because it is coming from protection of the ego.

The right choice is the one that feels expansive and authentic to you and that is the point I want to end on; no one can give you an answer to this question really outside yourself. People can give you advice, sure, but in the end, you are the only one who can generate the right answer using of course your natural intuition :)

Thank you for the commands,  I think I have found my answers.