Danioover9000

Help, my art is losing meaning.

26 posts in this topic

@BobbyK

On 20/08/2021 at 8:50 PM, BobbyK said:

Hi, I am new to this forum - just joined today. I think it is important to know the goal and understand what it will take to get there - you mentioned 10 years so you seem to have a good understanding. In terms of creating art-work that is good enough to earn an income of, perhaps drawing characters, or environments etc - check out https://fzdschool.com/

That is a school which trains up people to do what you might desire to do, and those will be the competition. Would be a good standard to strive towards. For example - you might start with mastering perspective, then anatomy, if you are willing to do it full-time, you could spend 12 hours per day for one year, I believe the students work close to 18 and sleep like 3 hours per night, but they are in a different environment and have squeezed the learning curve into a year. Or you could stretch this out to 5 years and work less hours. But if you reach that standard, you could make money online as well as getting hired to work within the games / film industry

Thank you for the share. I checked them out, and they do really good cinematic scenery. Also based in Singapore too which is a beautiful place to do sime holidaying in.

I also noticed they do mostly digital art rather than the analogue art I'm more used to, so this area will be where I'll be focusing next.

Do you do digital art yourself? Any advice on how you develop skill in that area?

On 23/07/2021 at 3:33 AM, Leo Gura said:

This is way too generic.

What you've basically said is: my LP is to have an LP.

This is not helpful.

You need to get clear about what is most meaningful for you to create and which impact is most meaningful to have.

Get concrete. What are going to be fruits of your life's work?

Technically speaking, I never had a clear life purpose before coming across your content, which is why the general statement was understanding life, being a creator and world contribution.

So the general statement was way too general? So it's missing descriptions for my purpose? For example, a re worded general statement like this: To understand what life is, and how life entangles places, objects and people together, whilst having this richness to life. To be far more competent in living my life, that other people who are lost in life get inspired from seeing how I live life. To feel more alive today and tomorrow, and to deepen my subjective sense of life. To become so creative, that I could synergies any field of life together to create newer ways of living a life. To become so independent that I develop a detachment to the negatives and positives of life, that on the spot I could generate happiness inside me, independent of outer things. To have so much health and excellence that I live long enough to master three more fields. To have so much beauty, that I feel authentically beautiful inside me, and to deeply appreciate the beauty in life. Something like this, or more specific?

@Arcangelo

23 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

I

adsolutely

fucking

love

all

the

Alien

movies

except

for

prometheus

The original is amazing.

On 09/08/2021 at 5:04 AM, Danioover9000 said:

@Esilda

I just recently shared a piece of art that fan art in the share your art thread. I'll post the image below, and any feedback from you or anyone else reading is appreciated:

20210802_161303.jpg

I think the anatomy sizes like legs compared to the tail are a bit off, and the position of limbs like the feet aren't correct, and there's not a lot of weight to match the overall action this imagined creature performs, shading can perhaps be practised upon - I think this is a little better than what I can do, I'm sure a year's practise will imporove somewhat dramatically,

Edited by Yeah Yeah

@Yeah Yeah

On 27/09/2021 at 9:41 PM, Yeah Yeah said:

I think the anatomy sizes like legs compared to the tail are a bit off, and the position of limbs like the feet aren't correct, and there's not a lot of weight to match the overall action this imagined creature performs, shading can perhaps be practised upon - I think this is a little better than what I can do, I'm sure a year's practise will imporove somewhat dramatically,

I was going for semi realism and opted out the backgrounds.