Soulife96

Distinguishing between projection and actuality

25 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's what years of meditation is for.

You don't use ego to stop thoughts, you gradually calm the mind down over years of practice of surrendering and letting go.

Which is the letting go of the desire to quiet the mind. ? Let thoughts rise and watch them. Surrender the illusion of control.

20 hours ago, Soulife96 said:

I'm asking this because at work the other day, this one colleague really got to me and annoyed me.

That isn’t really projection or actuality, it’s the belief in assertion.  

Some people just are arrogant, and will always be. It works for them, and that’s all they care about, the matrix of ‘themself’.. The ‘error’ is overriding of ‘one’s own’ source & intuitive seeing, with the (projection) belief they care. It’s like projecting onto Donald Trump that somewhere deep under that ignorance there is care.  It’s entirely possible to desire them to care, to be authentic, such that the mind refutes what it sees as obvious. If you don’t ‘should on’, there is no discord. Simply allow obviousness to be seen. Recognize & accept what ‘the third eye’ sees, or, let your colleague simply be, your colleague. You be you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

15 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

It may be better to differentiate between judgement and projection instead.

Aha! Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

Simply allow obviousness to be seen. Recognize & accept what ‘the third eye’ sees, or, let your colleague simply be, your colleague. You be you. 

@Leo Gura This sounds a lot like what self-inquiry feels like (if I'm doing it correctly).

Imo, in this case you might benefit greatly from qestioning the situation that made you upset.

Just ask yourself... What exactly is that thing which I want to do/feel/express and my coworker's attitude seems to stop me from doing/being/feeling/expressing freely?

Another powerful question:

What does this situation mean about me and how is it affecting my self-esteem while I'm being around them? 

What you'll notice is that what makes you suffer or what makes you upset in this case...is your own projection about 'your person' relative to 'theirs'. 

Something about *what you experience them to be like* relative to *how self-confident you feel around them* is triggering self image projections in your mind.

In order to solve this issue you have to go to the root of the problem. Well, you can do that only by becoming more aware and investigating your own mind. Once you see the workings behind 'the conceptual show', you get a clear view of your ego-mind's judgements about yourself in relation to other people. 

Very often, when someone appears to trigger this kind of unpleasant emotions inside of us, there is a root cause for this, which is an underlying insecurity or fear that creates room for them to 'push the button' within us.

And yes, beyond all these projections there's peace. The meanings we assign to 'what is' = what seems to be true for us.

We create our own movie. 

Make it fun :P

Peace ❤

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."