Martin123

From Ashes Shall Rise A New

6 posts in this topic

Sup dudes.
Do you think our western system is approaching an inevitable fail, and there will be an opportunity to create a new system from the ashes of the old one?
Trump, Terrorism, Media, mainstream food, animal torture, nuclear energy booming, Putin, the passive hippies "spreading love all around" , individual suffering, underdeveloped educational system, oppression of children and other groups, suppressive culture
 and we could go for days...

All of this just seems to create a lot of chaos and conflict. Do you think there is a huge fail ahead?

Edited by Martin123

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

no. Mankind will end in a whimper, not a bang. The failure is happening right now. This is pure speculation, but i do not think there will be a new opportunity. The problem with people is a psychological epidemic, a kind of mental disease. It is species wide and self propagating. Culture is self propagating. What gave rise to Trump? What gave rise to the sensational media? What gave rise to false dogma? These things were always there, since humans were born on this planet. These things helped us survive. And now they will help our demise. Just like how the dinosaurs were unable to adapt, despite them having colonized and diversified to much of the land. Their adaptation was insufficient. Our adaptation is also insufficient in dealing with our current problems. 

Do not think you are above the problem since you posted this. You are also a symptom, even if you can't see its invisible tendrils. And so am i. 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

@Pramit Oh ok, so your view is the "we are doomed". I disagree, but heck it's totally legit =D. I just choose to be optimistic.

I speculate that the only way that the human race can sustain itself for more than a few hundred years is if the vast majority of humans realize that it doesn't matter the slightest if we blow up the Earth with an atomic bomb. Only by realizing it ultimately doesn't matter if we eradicate ourselves as a species, then maybe - by realizing that - we may avoid doing it and chill the fuck down and go away from this phony materialism-worldview we currently posses.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@WaveInTheOcean Oh. My vision includes loads of people dying, just because there are some lost cases who I cannot imagine rising to higher consciousness. (But of course there would be casualties, I could be among those). But in the end, as there will be a conflict that will create a lot of pain and death, a sort of chance for a utopian post apocalyptic world could happen.

In a world going mad, I will rebel against the madness by dedicating my life to achieving self-actualization and living a purpose-driven life. I will focus on simplicity and happiness and I will use this crisis as an opportunity to shine my light rather than succumb to the misery and the madness. I feel like paradoxically I want to detach from humanity and be independent yet be intimate with my own social circle! For better or for worse, politics and history is ALWAYS in a state of flux! There's a couple more months until Trump is sworn in and the great news is that there are resistance groups rising up, protests in the streets, and clear expression of outrage and scandals being revealed. "Not my president" is NOT a denial of reality but a cry of rage!!! There's also the rise of movements with Obama and Bernie Sanders at the helm to re-create the Democratic Party. In times like these, there will ALWAYS be resistance! I will focus on NOT overwhelming my mind with politics because it overwhelms your mind, it angers you and it drives you crazy. I will focus on creating a new resistance movement through artistic self-expression much like the Modernist Poetry movement.