Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strangeloop

To take mushrooms or not take?

3 posts in this topic

First thing that could happen is that I lose my sense of self. Then Reality colapses and I end up not wanting to work in the material world. Because in the past I used psychedelics to deal with anxiety of life. Of not having a girlfriend. Stress at work. Etc. Also in the past I used psychedelics and drugs to escape. 

Then there is the psychosis aspect. In England I did ecstacy pretty frequently and I seriously lost my mind. I was not in my best form to work, because I was using and it all circled around using and reaching "The highest consciousness state" It's nice when you use it but then you stop using that is then all the drawbacks of psychedilics come. The low consciousness states. The depression. The anger. The negative thoughts. The HATE.

I've got an opportunity to start taking psychedelics again and I'm not sure if I'm gonna do it.

You need to take your mental health seriously. 

Like any tool you need to use it properly, in the right context and at the right time in your life. If you are already unstable I think you are better off focusing on that. Building that stability you need. 

It's totally up to you.

The problem is from what I am reading and seeing you saying over the past few weeks is that your already so unstable and struggling in many areas you are better off taking a more traditional approach of meditating, developing healthy habits, taking online courses in the areas of your weakness, seeking professional help. Begin to build a solid foundation and a life you can enjoy. These substances wont change your life. They can be used as tool but... don't look for easy ways out. Take care.

Reach out to a professional, you will be okay. Stop taking the path of least resistance. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Strangeloop

8 hours ago, Strangeloop said:

First thing that could happen is that I lose my sense of self. Then Reality colapses and I end up not wanting to work in the material world. Because in the past I used psychedelics to deal with anxiety of life. Of not having a girlfriend. Stress at work. Etc. Also in the past I used psychedelics and drugs to escape. 

Then there is the psychosis aspect. In England I did ecstacy pretty frequently and I seriously lost my mind. I was not in my best form to work, because I was using and it all circled around using and reaching "The highest consciousness state" It's nice when you use it but then you stop using that is then all the drawbacks of psychedilics come. The low consciousness states. The depression. The anger. The negative thoughts. The HATE.

I've got an opportunity to start taking psychedelics again and I'm not sure if I'm gonna do it.

In the past,  I've fallen into this trap of viewing psychedelics as some sort of magic pill solution and i would do them unconsciously. But what i've learned is that psychedelics are just a tool that can help you IF you use other tools aswell (like meditation, contemplation etc).  If your only tool is psychedelics then good luck. It won't do much for you.

So nowadays i am more hesitant to take psychedelics when i am not doing any spiritual work on the side.

It is a good thing that you are unsure about using psychedelics. This might help you find your true motives behind wanting to trip. If your motives are 'good' and you believe you are doing the right thing then do it. Otherwise it's better to wait and be more strategic about it.

Last time i tripped it was a very positive experience for me and it lead to some serious changes in my life. But i was more deliberate  and intelligent about it , this last time. 

Also i have experience with ecstasy also. It is the best feeling in the world but i will never use that substance again in my life. Not worth it to use it many times in your lifetime. 

Shroom tea on the other hand never gives me problems the following days. Shrooms is definetely my favourite drug and also it is very easy on my body.