Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fopylo

Expressing yourself and letting go = being honest with yourself

13 posts in this topic

An amazing insight I had. I mean, when I think about it, pretty much all of the insights I had seem quite obvious or just simply make sense because it's transitive. However in direct experience those insights is basically taking a simple concept and forcing it onto direct experience powerfully so that you own the wisdom. I'm pretty sure you can't teach insights to people. No one has taught me this (insight) and they could certainly have made my life easier by explaining what it means to "express yourself" and "letting go" and I'll even add "setting your mind free". But I can't expect people to know my missing puzzles and determine what is not obvious to me. But this insight s important and I think it needs to be spoken about and taught more.

Being honest with myself, with the most petty things, literally exposing my childish biased emotional feelings and reasons to myself. It is saying things like "because I'm scared of my future and I feel very envious of my brother who seems to have built skill and is earning way more than me", or like "I just want sex because I want to feel good" without trying to be all 'spiritual' about it.

Literally letting go.

But what does "letting go" mean? Does it mean suppression?
In my experience what you apparently "let go" of is of your lies to yourself, and this is a biproduct of doing the act  of being honest to yourself, telling the truth to yourself (in your mind) but not with words per se, but rather with your thoughts and feelings about something prior to your logical justifications.

This is really setting me free.

A big part of it has to be due to my practice of the Do Nothing meditation technique which I have to say is POWERFUL. It basically frees you up to think and feel whatever the fuck you want and to do whatever the fuck you want but with more wisdom, because in the meditation I also do Strong Determination Sitting.

The meditation is basically me letting my attention go wherever it wants.

A while ago I could say this meditation is just me letting my focus go and accepting what is going on.

Now it is starting to feel more like "life is happening, my attention is wondering, and everything is. Everything is just happening, kinda normal for life. Being lost in thoughts is simply being lost in thoughts, and being focused is simply being focused. Whichever I feel like, I'll align with it  and be". Just a quick improvisation of how it is. It is deeper, with more alignment with what is. It's not a "I'm more focused on the now" kinda thing, but more like a realization that things are just being things and all I'm doing is working and being with the present moment.

Kind of hard to explain.

But back to the point, the Do Nothing helped me align myself with what is true for me in the moment - which means to put my attention on what I want and feels like I'm true to myself, and to feel what is really here.

In retrospect it looks like I am dissolving some beliefs and that's what makes it easier. The belief of needing to feel very good because I'm on this journey is starting to fade away, as well as the belief that I'm superior to others because I'm self actualizing. Also the belief that being spiritual means feeling certain feelings, thinking in certain ways and behaving in certain ways.

I blew all that crap away by letting my thoughts and feelings do whatever the fuck they want. I basked in the anger, sadness (for a very bit because I still have work to do and I've suppressed it for most of my life), boredom. I try not to label them, but sometimes I'll be like "Oh shit wait I'm feeling bored" and then trying to feel the boredom, maybe a bit neurotic, Idk.

On 2021-07-18 at 0:15 AM, fopylo said:

But what does "letting go" mean? Does it mean suppression?

Letting go is that you let your thoughts and feelings come up without trying to alter them or surpress them.

On 2021-07-18 at 0:15 AM, fopylo said:

In retrospect it looks like I am dissolving some beliefs and that's what makes it easier. The belief of needing to feel very good because I'm on this journey is starting to fade away, as well as the belief that I'm superior to others because I'm self actualizing. Also the belief that being spiritual means feeling certain feelings, thinking in certain ways and behaving in certain ways.

I blew all that crap away by letting my thoughts and feelings do whatever the fuck they want. I basked in the anger, sadness (for a very bit because I still have work to do and I've suppressed it for most of my life), boredom. I try not to label them, but sometimes I'll be like "Oh shit wait I'm feeling bored" and then trying to feel the boredom, maybe a bit neurotic, Idk.

Good job! ??

@WelcometoReality

10 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Letting go is that you let your thoughts and feelings come up without trying to alter them or surpress them.

Well, yeah. Looking back, the act is to not act. Just to be and let go and this is the process of being honest with yourself and seeing the truth behind the lies you tell yourself.

Journaling is the best way of expressing oneself.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

10 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@WelcometoReality

Well, yeah. Looking back, the act is to not act. Just to be and let go and this is the process of being honest with yourself and seeing the truth behind the lies you tell yourself.

Yes, you are the truth the lies are what you believed yourself to be.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:13 PM, Preety_India said:

Journaling is the best way of expressing oneself.

@Preety_India
Thought about it for a bit and I think you're half right. It is very effective at getting the things out, like good at sucking the expression out of me since I put it onto paper to make it more concrete, personally. But the problem is that journaling in most cases can't compete with the speed of the mind. Sometimes my mind is running like a million things, many scenarios, changing in feelings, I can't capture everything even when I'm scribbling fast. 

24 minutes ago, fopylo said:

Sometimes my mind is running like a million things, many scenarios, changing in feelings, I can't capture everything even when I'm scribbling fast. 

This is so true and I experience this same issue an awful lot. I've decided to record myself whenever I speak, even when I'm in the shower, because I want to capture all my thoughts as fast as I can.

I wish there was a software just for this like a mind reading software haha :D

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, fopylo said:

@Preety_India
Thought about it for a bit and I think you're half right. It is very effective at getting the things out, like good at sucking the expression out of me since I put it onto paper to make it more concrete, personally. But the problem is that journaling in most cases can't compete with the speed of the mind. Sometimes my mind is running like a million things, many scenarios, changing in feelings, I can't capture everything even when I'm scribbling fast. 

Sounds like you need to slow down and focus your mind.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@RickyFitts

Dude there was a period where I used to have a lot of insights and my hands just couldn't keep up. Feelings were coming and passing to quick for me to catch up on them. I would be writing about something I'm experiencing, but while I'm writing it down the experience is changing and morphing into something else. The journaling can be overwhelmingly long.

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

This is so true and I experience this same issue an awful lot. I've decided to record myself whenever I speak, even when I'm in the shower, because I want to capture all my thoughts as fast as I can.

Same. There was a time I used to travel with my bike and take breaks once in a while to record on my 'notes' app on my phone. The cool thing about it is that you can add recording together with writing so like everything is mixed and you are in a convenient position to express yourself.

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I wish there was a software just for this like a mind reading software haha :D

Yo that's so true!

3 hours ago, fopylo said:

@RickyFitts

Dude there was a period where I used to have a lot of insights and my hands just couldn't keep up. Feelings were coming and passing to quick for me to catch up on them. I would be writing about something I'm experiencing, but while I'm writing it down the experience is changing and morphing into something else. The journaling can be overwhelmingly long.

Maybe best just to sit with what you're feeling in those moments, in that case :)

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan