Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sara373

How to overcome sadness and overly sensitive?

4 posts in this topic

What are some tips to heal sorrows and anguish? I notice as an overly sensitive person words, things and people can emotionally bruise me in some way. As someone who can take self-criticism crazy well, when others criticize I can see how it's delivered. It breaks me down.

I think the answer is not giving a fudge ?

My answer was achievement… I was quite sensitive when I was a young man (sheesh, just realising this is the truth of the matter, I am no longer young) and it was only after I got good at something and proved myself in a social setting that I stopped being overly sensitive. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

U

22 hours ago, sara373 said:

As someone who can take self-criticism crazy well, when others criticize I can see how it's delivered.

Me too. Drive me crazy, I judge myself hard af. Emotionally crazy and neurotic af. Until now I still did. 

I dont see much context in your post... but here is my advice.

Feel the full pain that you avoid in the criticism. Feel it through. See it. 

When it feels difficult, that precise moment is the best time to do the work.

Edited by Manusia

@sara373

How to overcome sadness and overly sensitive?

One sensitive, or ‘overly’ sensitive, is not sad. One sensitive is too sensitive to entertain discordant thoughts. 

22 hours ago, sara373 said:

What are some tips to heal sorrows and anguish?

To heal them, you must first find them. If you can not find them, maybe you are creating the emotional experience ‘as you go’, or ‘on the fly’, and that is the key insight. What is the ‘message’ of feeling in these cases? What is the ‘lesson’, in regard to sifting through perspectives? 

I notice as an overly sensitive person words, things and people can emotionally bruise me in some way. As someone who can take self-criticism crazy well, when others criticize I can see how it's delivered. It breaks me down.

I think the answer is not giving a fudge ?

Maybe the answer is you’ve identified as overly sensitive in relation to others - and something just isn’t quite ‘fitting’ there. If “I am overly sensitive”, then how I feel can’t possibly be only related to the perspective I hold & the thoughts I focus on… to how and what I think… because it is already defined & believed as related to other people. What if it’s not, at all? What if actual liberation sounds cold at first, but isn’t, at all? 

See if it can be realized ‘things and people can emotionally bruise me’ is a thought in your direct experience, and that thought is felt. Try to feel other people thoughts on purpose. Like, in the literal sense… be telepathic, know what someone else is thinking, write it down, and see how other people’s thought feel to you. Also consider they are feeling their thoughts, and you yours, so to speak. 

What if you are literally creating reality, ‘in the now’? If that is actual, to discover this would be the greatest possible joy. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE