Chrissy j

How Do Enlightened Relationships Work?

6 posts in this topic

So how do they work? Can you have a relationship that is actually intimate? How would love work? I don't understand love without attatchment

Life in a sense is attachment. You either enjoy or go live in a cave.

Loves a illusion, but a nice one. Saying to yourself that you shouldnt have this xp is no different then the oposit.

18 hours ago, Bob84 said:

Life in a sense is attachment. You either enjoy or go live in a cave.

Loves a illusion, but a nice one. Saying to yourself that you shouldnt have this xp is no different then the oposit.

Disagree completely. You can have relationships without being attached even without being enlightened. If your talking about romantic love then yes in a sense it is illusion but you can still be in a relationship without being attached.

Love without attachment means love without expecting. your not expecting them to make you happy, complete you or even be loyal to you. The more aware you become the more you can overcome this need to attach to things and you will realize then that you can be unattached and at the same time be in a relationship. I'm not saying it's easy though especially since you will have to drastically change the nature of your relationships to do this.

This is why a lot of people on the spiritual path tend not to be in a monogamous relationship because they simply overcame the desire to need to keep the other. Doing stuff like this can help one become less attached. 

Now can you be in a romantic relationship without projecting onto them is something I'm unsure of.

Edited by Live Life Liam

18 hours ago, Live Life Liam said:

This is why a lot of people on the spiritual path tend not to be in a monogamous relationship because they simply overcame the desire to need to keep the other. Doing stuff like this can help one become less attached. 

Who said? There's an age old saying: those who pray together, stay together. Well, nowadays it's: those who meditate together, stay together. I'm not saying it's perfect. You could be detached and stay together in peace. Of course it's possible.

Edited by Key Elements

On 11/20/2016 at 2:29 PM, MochaSlap said:

I don't understand love without attatchment

That's the problem. You don't understand what is meant by attachment.... you have too many preconceived and dualistic assumptions about what no-attachment truly means(hidden from your consciousness). It is more of a loving acceptance than a "passive discard"... if that makes sense. With No attachment one could possible love their enemy as much as they would their own child.  Remember  how Leo constantly preaches about the importance of paradox? Well, wrap you head around this one.... the more detached you become.... the more love you possess and exhibit! 

This is because one of your basic qualities is Love... however when you detach from fears, past-experiences and other forms of mental suffering the true essence of what you are begins to shine stronger and more brightly.  Imagine trying to look at a window so dirty that light can not come in... now imagine slowly removing that dirt.... the more you  clean the window the brighter it becomes.  Similarly, the more you detach from the ugliness that clouds your identity the more love shines brightly.

So an enlightened couple or even friendship would be more loving  than a non-enlightened one because it is in a more purified form.

Sex and intimacy is a natural biological function like food or sleep so obviously there will be plenty of that.

On 11/20/2016 at 2:29 PM, MochaSlap said:

So how do they work?

The idea of enlightenment is pretty much being able to understand yourself. Well if you can understand yourself you can understand your partner much better. Therefore there would be very little conflict or arguments because  there would be little misunderstanding and since each person understands each other so well.... the misunderstanding would be resolved before it became a problem.

This is one of the basic patterns of most marriages... First a misunderstanding, then a miscommunication, then comes the hurt, then it becomes a problem, then the problem becomes a conflict and the conflict becomes a blow-out.... Enough of those routines and a relationship dies.     An enlightened relationship can prevent such an occurrence.

The simple answer is they work just fine...lol

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

It can be the most challenging and extremely exhausting thing in life but once you master the art of love w/o attachment you will thrive!

The hardest part about it is having a partner that's not on the same level of consciousness. I fell in love once, then rose in love with an Awakening and sadly she didn't experience the same thing and we had to break apart or sacrifice my enlightened state. I couldn't let go and It destroyed me and my enlightened state but after the deepest darkness there's always a door to a greater awakening around the corner.

What made it hard for me was that she was the exact replica of my un-awakened self which was crazy..

Its hard but possible as i have been in and out of states and stages(if you will) with these types of things but cant say much further as i am still growing in this process.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E