DimmedBulb

Truffles As A Substitute For Mushrooms

23 posts in this topic

My curiosity spiked again regarding psychedelics. Problem is I'm not one to take risks or break the law. Over here, Mushrooms are illegal, but for some reason the government doesn't prohibit selling or buying Magic Truffles or the Sclerotia that come from those same mushrooms they banned by law. I really just wanna know if the effects are the same or if they differ and if they do, in which way.

Just progress.

40 minutes ago, DimmedBulb said:

My curiosity spiked again regarding psychedelics. Problem is I'm not one to take risks or break the law. Over here, Mushrooms are illegal, but for some reason the government doesn't prohibit selling or buying Magic Truffles or the Sclerotia that come from those same mushrooms they banned by law. I really just wanna know if the effects are the same or if they differ and if they do, in which way.

From what I hear there is no difference with effects but I could be wrong. They are both magic mushrooms after all but wow these laws are silly :D

Personally I don't fully see the fear in doing something illegal. It's understandable though but I think psychedelics are worth the risk. Plus with the right research and tools your safe. I don't live in the US though and I hear it's pretty strict over there about drugs (assuming you live over there) 

It's up to you though but I don't know if truffles are legal for consumption either because they are still magic mushrooms. 

Edited by Live Life Liam

@Live Life Liam I don't live in the US. Tolerant Europe is where it's at :P

I believe some idiots died from taking mushrooms, probably thinking they could hug a bus going 80 and the government was like: now's our chance!!

Just progress.

45 minutes ago, DimmedBulb said:

Yeah that's the danger of doing them in a unsafe environment. I guess ideally staying at home is the best. 

Truffles have the same effect. They can be even more potent gram for gram.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You seem to get more per gram too then on the DN. Seems like the best option is to by them in truffles. I will be trying this out.

@DimmedBulb Truffles and mushrooms are the same. But they sell these truffles in a recreational dose. I think the maximum amount they put in one box is like 20 grams. That is fresh. So you have to take in account the huge amount of water it contains. Divide that by 10 to get the aproximated dried mushroom equivalent. 20 grams fresh equals 2 grams dried. And then they put warnings on the box...'never use more than one dose'. This is advocating the wrong use of psychedelics...recreational. A 2 gram dose will not give you a non dual experience. This is imo the greatest disadvantage of mushrooms...people tend to take too little. If it was a 'fun' experience and you didn't have a struggle with ego death ,and everybody has at least the first time, then you took too little. Also keep in mind the heavy tollerance buildup with psilocybin. Two weeks after a trip, before it is at 0 again.  So if you take 2 grams, and 4 days later double the dose this will still only be the equivalent of 3 grams.

2qvcw79.jpg

About mushrooms being illegal...this is really bullshit. These psilocybin mushrooms grow in the wild pretty much all over the world. So, if you can find a public forest, where they grow in the wild, you can sue the government for possesion and manufactering? The species that grow in the wild are often more potent than the easy to grow at home psilocybin cubensis. But be very careful about picking and eating mushrooms in the wild, people die every year because of misidentification and eating toxic mushrooms.

I'd love to try 5-Meo-DMT, but it's so unobtainable. What's more...it's (except for the toad i guess) not a natural substance. So i'll have to trust some dealer/criminal for something i'm going to put in my body?...not gonna happen. This is why i don't see 5-Meo-DMT as fit for wide spread use, and why it probably isn't wide spread.

Oh wow, turns out 5-MeO is legal here... well then. Whoever is responsible for the current version of the Opium Law deserves a high five.

EDIT: Or is it? I'm not sure anymore.

Edited by DimmedBulb

Just progress.

For what it's worth, I can strongly recommend the site trufflemagic. Their strain Hollandia is great!

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What truffles are these. On average I am getting that around 7-10g of truffles is like 1g of mushrooms

3 hours ago, David1 said:

@DimmedBulb Truffles and mushrooms are the same. But they sell these truffles in a recreational dose. I think the maximum amount they put in one box is like 20 grams. That is fresh. So you have to take in account the huge amount of water it contains. Divide that by 10 to get the aproximated dried mushroom equivalent. 20 grams fresh equals 2 grams dried. And then they put warnings on the box...'never use more than one dose'. This is advocating the wrong use of psychedelics...recreational. A 2 gram dose will not give you a non dual experience. This is imo the greatest disadvantage of mushrooms...people tend to take too little. If it was a 'fun' experience and you didn't have a struggle with ego death ,and everybody has at least the first time, then you took too little. Also keep in mind the heavy tollerance buildup with psilocybin. Two weeks after a trip, before it is at 0 again.  So if you take 2 grams, and 4 days later double the dose this will still only be the equivalent of 3 grams.

2qvcw79.jpg

About mushrooms being illegal...this is really bullshit. These psilocybin mushrooms grow in the wild pretty much all over the world. So, if you can find a public forest, where they grow in the wild, you can sue the government for possesion and manufactering? The species that grow in the wild are often more potent than the easy to grow at home psilocybin cubensis. But be very careful about picking and eating mushrooms in the wild, people die every year because of misidentification and eating toxic mushrooms.

I'd love to try 5-Meo-DMT, but it's so unobtainable. What's more...it's (except for the toad i guess) not a natural substance. So i'll have to trust some dealer/criminal for something i'm going to put in my body?...not gonna happen. This is why i don't see 5-Meo-DMT as fit for wide spread use, and why it probably isn't wide spread.

I thought 5-Meo-DMT was hard to find until recently but I've found it is obtainable. It's the most expensive substance out of them all probably due to it being rare. Can't you find ways to test the substance to see if it's okay?

Also you can find 5-MEO that has been derived from the Bufo alvurius toad which should be a more reliable way to know that it's safe.

@Huz these...https://azarius.net/smartshop/magic-mushrooms/magic-truffles-sclerotia/

For sale over the counter in The Netherlands. Magic mushrooms, fresh or dried,  can't be sold anymore in The Netherlands. Because there was one(!!) case in the past, where someone commited suicide, that may have involved magic mushrooms. If you compare this to the anual death toll of alcohol, you can see how ridiculous this is. Anyway, truffles are just a way to avoid petty laws. They are not technically 'mushrooms', and thus can be sold freely. 

32 minutes ago, Huz said:

On average I am getting that around 7-10g of truffles is like 1g of mushrooms

Because, when talking about psilocybin mushroom dosage, people are usually talking about dried grams of mushrooms. Unless mentioned otherwise. Truffles are sold fresh, refrigerated and vacuum sealed, not dried. Fresh they contain alot of water weight. About 90% of fresh truffles, and mushrooms is water. So 10 grams of fresh truffles equals about 1 gram of dried mushrooms.

Edited by David1

9 minutes ago, Live Life Liam said:

I thought 5-Meo-DMT was hard to find until recently but I've found it is obtainable. It's the most expensive substance out of them all probably due to it being rare. Can't you find ways to test the substance to see if it's okay?

Also you can find 5-MEO that has been derived from the Bufo alvurius toad which should be a more reliable way to know that it's safe.

It is not obtainable in any legal way in Europe, as far as i know of. So one would have to buy it off the street. There are also no purity tests available that i know of. So basically, they can sell you rat poison or any other white powder and there is no way you would know. So the only way i see, is to have a Bufo alvurius toad. And this is just...no! I'm not even looking into the legality of owning an exotic (endangered?) species...too much of a hassle.

35 minutes ago, DimmedBulb said:

@David1 Apparently truffles are only half water.

So a 15gr box would equal 7,5gr dried mushrooms?  No...7,5gr dried mushrooms is a dose you're not going to forget anytime soon. They would never sell that as a 1 dosage box. In my experience...15gr of truffels Psilocybe Tampelandia, supposedly the strongest strain, is about 1,5gr dried psilocybe cubensis. So even if you would consume two of those, you would still be in the 'moderate' part of a dosage.

Experiment for yourself...get a psilocybe cubensis growkit. They are very easy to grow. And much cheaper than truffles. Basically just add water and leave in a warm spot for a few weeks. I'm not saying the truffles are bad. They are ready to consume, that's the advantage. But you pay for that..15-20euro for a recreational dose.

Edited by David1

4 hours ago, Dawson said:

For what it's worth, I can strongly recommend the site trufflemagic. Their strain Hollandia is great!

How much did you take to get really introspective. Would 5-7g be enough?

Even 1 gram of mushrooms can be a powerful spiritual and healing experience.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

from what i understand 15 grams of truffles is like 3 grams of dried.

there´s water weight in those truffles i believe. My buddy ate 15 grams and he was completely fine

Edited by Richard Alpert

@Richard Alpert Of course you gotta compare gram for gram of dried substance.