ivankiss

Injustice!

16 posts in this topic

I've always had a very strong sense of justice. Equality. Fairness. Integrity. Truth.

I'm having a hard time turning my cheek on injustice whenever I notice it.

My natural impulse is to stand up and speak The Truth. As well as defend and give voice to the weak and powerless.

Sometimes in a chill and polite way, other times in a loud and heated way. 

But recently I've been noticing how some of those battles are simply not mine to be fought. I would achieve little to nothing... I would cause no real change. Perhaps just add more turmoil and anarchy.

It's so damn frustrating sometimes...

How do you go about all this? How do you deal with injustice when done to you or someone in your presence?

Thanks!

Love you man. 

Want honest answer. Have this urge to beat the shit out of those. I really do. 

Especially for undeniable devilry. 

Heated and loud isn't emotionally detached. With detachment there is no cost and only freedom to choose to act remains. 

A lot of things that happen ultimately just is and there is not much point in intervention, as you say, it can even destabilize certain things. 

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

There's still freedom to act as seen fit. Do what you can without being emotionally invested.

It makes it easier to choose the right measures at the right time, to practice patience and then letting go means nothing.

Fighting injustices broke me, and paradoxically led to salvation. 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

@Zeroguy Sometimes I really feel like beating the shit out of someone. It's something I'm not used to doing. Maybe I skipped that experience for the wrong reasons.

@Eph75 Good stuff, thanks. However; emotions are a part of reality and acting on them is not always bad. At least in my experience.

Sometimes staying still and silent is the wrong move. Sometimes that's actually just fear. Not peace, understanding and compassion.

It's the inability to stand your ground firmly. To commit to your point if view. 

It can be a very cowardly move.

@gettoefl I hear ya. True.

But I'd say that's not the whole picture.

5 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@gettoefl I hear ya. True.

But I'd say that's not the whole picture.

is for me, i do my thing and world does its, not my business, i take responsibility for one thing

@gettoefl That's cool, but unrealistic.

It would be awesome if we lived in a world where everyone is simply minding their own business and letting everyone else do theirs.

That's not how life is.

There is corruption on every corner. People like to exploit,  manipulate and abuse others. That's reality. And if you want to thrive in a society built on bullshit; you better have a serious set of skills. 

Not just; eh, everything just is.

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

@gettoefl That's cool, but unrealistic.

It would be awesome if we lived in a world where everyone is simply minding their own business and letting everyone else do theirs.

That's not how life is.

There is corruption on every corner. People like to exploit,  manipulate and abuse others. That's reality. And if you want to thrive in a society built on bullshit; you better have a serious set of skills. 

Not just; eh, everything just is.

why will i care what people in my dream are doing, i have way more important stuff to focus on namely i am

i am fixing me and me only, then i may look out the window

5 hours ago, ivankiss said:

However; emotions are a part of reality and acting on them is not always bad. At least in my experience.

For sure, affects need action, that's what they are for, emotions are post-thought.

Emotional attachment though, it is something different, that's getting emotional when things do not match our idea of what reality should be.

Attachment to ideas trigger emotions. 

What is, is. What is, triggers affects, and they are calling out for us to take action.

What the action is, is up to us.

Affect > feeling > emotion (movement)

Emotional detachment is simply not being emotional about what is happening. 

Affects happens, doesn't have to result in emotions.

That which means nothing to us (thoughts/sense-making) causes no emotional respons in us. 

Without emotional engagement we are free ^_^

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

5 hours ago, gettoefl said:

why will i care what people in my dream are doing, i have way more important stuff to focus on namely i am

i am fixing me and me only, then i may look out the window

Well, if someone walks up to you and starts cutting your arm off with a chainsaw - you do what? Just keep minding your own business?

@Eph75 That's cool, thanks. 

I see it this way;

The more space for the breath in my being; the more time for me to choose the preferred response. I'm pretty much always able to just breathe my way through whatever is arising and find my center.

But this approach seems rather passive and even inauthentic at times. I can feel life's invitation to let go of any spiritual bypassing and simply participate in the act, fully. Even if it's heated. Even if it's filled with raging emotions. There's something to navigating and handling those waves, too. In live action mode. Not just internally, in silence, while you're meditating on your couch. It's a craft to be perfect. At least that's what seems to be relevant for me now.

There is mastery in knowing how to stand for (your) truth. How to fight for it, even.

Edited by ivankiss

14 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Well, if someone walks up to you and starts cutting your arm off with a chainsaw - you do what? Just keep minding your own business?

@Eph75 That's cool, thanks. 

I see it this way;

The more space for the breath in my being; the more time for me to choose the preferred response. I'm pretty much always able to just breathe my way through whatever is arising and find my center.

But this approach seems rather passive and even inauthentic at times. I can feel life's invitation to let go of any spiritual bypassing and simply participate in the act, fully. Even if it's heated. Even if it's filled with raging emotions. There's something to navigating and handling those waves, too. In live action mode. Not just internally, in silence, while you're meditating on your couch. It's a craft to be perfect. At least that's what seems to be relevant for me now.

There is mastery in knowing how to stand for (your) truth. How to fight for it, even.

snip from my morning reading

dh.jpg

Edited by gettoefl

Hmm, my feeling is that most people who have this strong sense of justice had a wrong done to them early in their life. You may find that most of your impulse to strive for justice comes from that early experience. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@gettoefl Cool. But does not hit the nail for me.

@Bodhitree ... like being abandoned by my father at age 3 and then by my mother at age 6? xD 

I'd say yes and no.

22 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@gettoefl Cool. But does not hit the nail for me.

cool ... i just here expressing who i am, for me justice is just is, where the chips fall is all fine, i die before i go to sleep every night and if i wake up today is a day of undeserved glory, joy and wonder, i don't intrude interfere or impose on any other and i am fortunate in that i need nothing from anyone, you can't get here overnight but i am a happy camper

and ps don't think i am insulated from so called injustice and unfairness, my first wife was killed at the hands of a drunk driver and my most recent partner was snatched away by cervical cancer so it is not all butterflies and roses that gets me to this kind of equanimity, i believe the universe adheres to divine indifference, if it happens it is necessary and advantageous

Edited by gettoefl

@gettoefl Thanks for sharing that. I empathize with you. I assume it was not easy.

Bottom line is; we're both just living different lifestyles, I guess. So the same 'rules' do not apply. The same views and ideas might not be relevant.

Wish you all the best. And thanks again.

I don't feel much justice, i understand justice as an ideal good that is done to those who experienced something bad. I may even find it to be negative sometimes, in that it must first be give a certain value and then undermining the value one have given it by thinking something else can 'balance' it out.

I feel passionate about revenge, though satisfied with the feeling of possessing the power to act on it in itself. Whereby the enacted becomes trivial or simply lacking incentives. When i think about it I don't even need the power for the desire to die real fast. 

I do love the idea of forgiveness, acceptance and reciprocal peace.

But if we speak about theoretical values as opposed to applications thereof then i feel them very intensely.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?