ZenBlue

NFT (Non-Fungible Tokens): Creators, and Artists. Seize this moment!

11 posts in this topic

For all you artists and creators who want to escape the wage slavery. The biggest opportunity in the world is happening now.

I'm sure most of you are aware of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology by now. If you really took the time to research, and understand the technology, you would see how incredible this opportunity is.

I've known about Bitcoin for over 8 years now. Since then, I have watched the space grow and flourish rapidly. Blockchain technology is where the big revolution is happening.

As a result of the growth and development in the crypto community, there has been an emergence of something called NFT (Non-fungible Tokens). This is basically a way to create unique digital goods that people can exclusively own.

The art space is especially thriving with NFT.

It really takes some big picture thinking and a deep understanding of technology and human behavior to really see how valuable this is. Let me put it this way, the kids that are growing up today mostly live in a digital world called the Metaverse. Imagine how they would spend most of their time 10 years from now. This is an upgrade and paradigm shift to the Internet as we know it.

Here is some introductory information about NFT: https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/what-is-nft-non-fungible-token-guide/

NFT News:

https://www.reuters.com/technology/nft-sales-volume-surges-25-bln-2021-first-half-2021-07-05/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/09/millennial-artist-made-over-130000-selling-nfts-in-about-5-months.html

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/11/22325054/beeple-christies-nft-sale-cost-everydays-69-million

Powered By Love

2 hours ago, ZenBlue said:

create unique digital goods that people can exclusively own.

Mind you, that ownership is over a blockchain entry called NFT - not over the piece of art itself.
As far as I know, the blockchain entry is currently not recognized as a proof by any legal authority atm.

Disclaimer: I work in crypto business for several years, but I do not have a lot of knowledge on NFT.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Be careful hitching your life or work to such cultural fads.

Rather than chasing pipe-dreams, stick to doing your work well.

Your life's work should not hinge on any kind of fad.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This is stupid. There is no point in saying something has more value because you attached some bizarre blockchain "token" to it. If you have one of these tokens, I could just record or screenshot it and then you wouldn't exclusively own it anymore, even if you have da token.

Interesting but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it. 

I buy books on Kindle so I have access to them. I pin things in pinterest so I can enjoy them in one place, and refer to them when I need ideas and inspiration. It's not about ownership it's about access and organization, and curation. I don't care what other people think of the things I enjoy, unless they are inspired by them as well, I just enjoy them. Asides from curation purposes (creating WITH creations) I don't see the appeal, but actually now that I think about it my entire business currently is selling collectible creations to people for the fun of them rearranging and creating with them. 

Huh. I dunno. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Be careful hitching your life or work to such cultural fads.

Rather than chasing pipe-dreams, stick to doing your work well.

Your life's work should not hinge on any kind of fad.

Yes I can see how it might seem like a fad. The current space is very new and is still developing. I'm just saying the community is currently very generous to creators and if someone is struggling to sell their artwork, they might do well in this space. I would say speculators and collectors would have to be more wary than creators because there is a bit of a bubble forming around it.

My personal perspective is that this isn't a fad because I have watched the crypto space grow for a while now. Of course I recommend everyone to do their own research as well.

45 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

This is stupid. There is no point in saying something has more value because you attached some bizarre blockchain "token" to it. If you have one of these tokens, I could just record or screenshot it and then you wouldn't exclusively own it anymore, even if you have da token.

Sure anybody can save the image, or music piece or whatever to their computers. But having ownership of the token does have value depending on the community. This space is new so yes there will be a lot of things that will end up being trashed.

There is also a lot of real world applications and use cases around this technology. For example: Someone can sell a NFT music that gives the owner exclusive commercial rights. Also for live events, there are tokens that act as tickets to the event. In real estate, there are tokens that act as legally binding deeds to the property. NFT goes beyond artwork.

There are many applicable real world cases for this technology. I'm saying don't just take my word for it. Spend the time to do some deep research.

It's no skin off my back if you decide to dismiss this altogether. I just wanted to bring this to people's awareness because this is such an amazing opportunity. I am very much ahead of the curve when it comes to technology. I have been since a young age and I have entrenched myself into the Internet world for the past 17 years, which is why I have a deep understanding of where this is heading.

22 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Interesting but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it. 

I buy books on Kindle so I have access to them. I pin things in pinterest so I can enjoy them in one place, and refer to them when I need ideas and inspiration. It's not about ownership it's about access and organization, and curation. I don't care what other people think of the things I enjoy, unless they are inspired by them as well, I just enjoy them. Asides from curation purposes (creating WITH creations) I don't see the appeal, but actually now that I think about it my entire business currently is selling collectible creations to people for the fun of them rearranging and creating with them. 

Huh. I dunno. 

Yes, I totally understand because this is so new. I highly recommend just doing some deep research for yourself to get a better understanding. This isn't just for art. There are real world use cases for this technology as well. Also creators can add a setting where they get paid royalties for any secondary sales. So if someone buys your work, then sells it to someone else, you can get a percentage of that sale for example say 10%. And that will happen for the lifetime of that artwork whenever it is re-sold.