Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gennadiy1981

How Your Mind Interprets Reality

6 posts in this topic

I watched Leo's recently released video titled above. Indeed I watched it twice to really grasp an idea and went totally meta on it. But... the conclusion I reached is that all we have in this world is just a projection and no truth? For any topic, we have multiple opinions and all those opinions can be significant, but from what I learned is that there has to be an absolute truth and usually truth is one? I know you will say that truth is objective, but I am speaking of absolute truth which is subjective. Let me give an example which I hope most people agree (I am trying to stay as neutral as possible). Today it is common believe that "crack" is really bad for people. This is subjective and it is one answer. (I am excluding all those people who use the substance but know its bad but they are addicted to). So in this scenario we do have absolute truth and technically whoever argues against, is saying not true. But that is a very unique and a very small case I am making, but what about all other items, going all the way to consciousness itself. I truly believe that psychedelics can bring you to a higher domain of consciousness but there are people who will argue that its a drug and you are deceiving yourself. But then again if that is a truth, then maybe we have no consciousness and we live our time and totally expire as never existed before. Do you believe there has to be some kind of absolute truth? Cause otherwise the entire existence is just an illusion.

Anything you think is "bad" is certainly not truth, it's just your survival bias.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Gennadiy1981 Absolute truth and Relative truth co-exist.  Leo’s latest episode talks all about this: Relative vs Absolute Truth.  There's also clip about Relative Truth (10 min).

“Crack is bad” isn’t true at all.

• -Crack helps numb out pain.
  • -It’s cheaper than cocaine but provides a similar high (I’m told).
  • -You can make a lot of money selling it.
  • -It’s inspired tons of great movies.
  • -It’s inspired tons of great filmmakers.
  • -It’s created tons of jokes for great comedians.
  • -News media loves reporting on crack because it catapults ratings.
  • -For a toxic stage blue person who’s scared of black people, it was useful in the 1980s because it set back the black community in terrible ways that are still ongoing.   For toxic stage blue, disenfranchising the “scary, dangerous people” is good.
  • -It gives celebs publicity and sympathy when they get caught using it and go into rehab.
  • -It saved Lamar Odom’s marriage back in 2015.

-I’m not endorsing the use of crack, btw.  Just showing that even within Relative truth crack can be “good” or useful in many ways.

-Understanding how Relative truth works and how self deception and interpretation controls your experience of reality helps you raise your consciousness, which gets you closer to embodying Absolute truth, love, non-duality, and alleviates suffering.

Edited by FlyingLotus

On 7/9/2021 at 8:56 PM, FlyingLotus said:

Just showing that even within Relative truth crack can be “good” or useful in many ways.

OK you convinced me, I tried to take as neutral as possible but you were able to turn it out and point is taken. So then another question to you, give me an example of an absolute truth? Something what the opposite would be totally false.

41 minutes ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

OK you convinced me, I tried to take as neutral as possible but you were able to turn it out and point is taken. So then another question to you, give me an example of an absolute truth? Something what the opposite would be totally false.

There is no example of absolute truth, because Truth is unformed. So it does not exist in any dimension whatsoever. Absolute truth has no opposite because it can't be distinct from any other "thing", since the relativity of their relationship negates what the word Absolute refers to.

Leo's latest episode addresses this really well. 

Here's a 10 min clip about why Absolute truth is so tough to understand from within Relative truth.