Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deepak sadhwani

Closed Eyes Vs Open Eyes( Do Nothing Method ) Meditation

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys i started meditation with close eyes after 5-6 months after then , now i. Using do nothing method i used this method 2 months ! Meditation with close eyes , ! But i need thought and mental clarity  , what you think about close eyes vs open ?

I think if you feel like you are falling asleep when you have closed eyes then try open eyes meditation. 
If closed eyes is doing fine for you then keep doing it.

hey, I do the do nothing technique too  and I always do it with the eyes open

8 minutes ago, Deepak sadhwani said:

@Alex4 how long you are using this method and where you keep you eyes attentions ?

for 4 months, I sit in a chair in front of my closet so thats what I look at but I normally dont pay attention to what I see

Do which you like. Try both. If drowsiness is an issue then eyes open.

I find meditation with eyes open much more uncomfortable. Therefore, I prefer to keep my eyes shut. Keeping my eyes open often means some additional distraction, inconvenience, some weird double vision experience.  But, perhaps, the point of eyes open (other than not to fall asleep) is to experience this inconvenience and learn to stay at peace with it. 

Does open-eyes meditation give more advantage than close-eyes meditation in any cases? In one of his videos, Leo says that Strong Determination Sitting  should be done with eyes open. I think  "Do nothing meditation" is also about keeping your eyes open. Though these two types are mindfulness exercises, risght? So maybe in such a case eyes-open make more sense. 

I don't know, I wish someone could present his/her view on that.