Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slifon

Feelings of loneliness

4 posts in this topic

I have realized that one of the obstacles that limit me and do not allow me to evolve as much as possible, is the feeling of loneliness. Even if I have enough close people that I hang out with and I will go out with them often, I have come to the point of knowing that going out often and not devoting the time I would like to my spiritual and cognitive development is not something useful and what really I would like to do, during the day I will dedicate a lot of time to my development but quite often I have feelings of loneliness that lead me to go out, I would like to hear some advice for this issue. 

Sit with the loneliness, become intimate with it - notice what it feels like in the body, where you might be feeling tightness, tension, fear, grief, etc., and just allow those feelings to be, without attempting to change them in any way. Typically we try and avoid these feelings in one way or another - we go out, or put the TV on, or surf the internet, etc., etc. - but this behaviour only covers the feelings up, it doesn't actually resolve them. 

Edited by RickyFitts

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Find the right balance.  I too have gotten to the point where I took my evolution so seriously that I actually felt negatively when I would go out and have fun with friends instead of concentrating on personal development.  

Maybe your next evolution is making peace with meeting your needs for socializing without feeling like you're missing out on something.  You can do both, what's important is that you are happy.