Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Radu97

Big Tech and privacy in 2021

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I have a dilemma regarding how in nowadays big tech firms like google, facebook, amazon etc collect our data which we use online (location, browsing habits, photos, accounts, banking info etc) just to target us with relevant adds.

I have downloaded yesterday from my google account the info they have about me and I was shocked to see locations from 4 years ago when I was in spain drinking a beer in a local small bar before going into a stadium and seeing a football mach. I also saw all my search history, downloads, photos from 3-4 years ago which I haven't seen in years, location history ( work, grocery shopping, going to the country side etc). Even though I turn off the option to stop collecting location history, personalized adds etc somehow google still manages to track us. And this is just google. Can't imagine what other companies do (facebook, amazon, instagram, etc). Basically nowadays if you are connected to the internet privacy doesn't exist anymore. Is this like a consequence of evolving to a more connected world or how do you guys see this aspect of society from a higher spiral dynamic POV? And all this data that is gathered by these corporations do you think that it will be used against us if put in the wrong hands? Or am I just stressing to much about it and should accept that this is how things go?

I have left here some videos regarding this topic.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Radu97 said:

And all this data that is gathered by these corporations do you think that it will be used against us if put in the wrong hands? Or am I just stressing to much about it and should accept that this is how things go?

The real question is, do you know yourself better than the corporations know you.

The corporations will use your data to sell you stuff and make a profit off of you.

If you understand your psychology, the psychological marketing tricks corporations use won't work on you. 

If you don't understand yourself, their tricks will work until they don't. 

If you don't lie, you don't hide, you don't cheat or steal, you know the direction you want your life to go, and you know what you need to get there (and what you DON'T need) then these corporations cannot hurt you. Pray for yourself to not fear being exposed or attacked and to see what the right action is to take even when there are forces trying to manipulate you into another direction, and god will surround you with a white light that nothing can penetrate :) <3

You have no privacy, your data is always going to someone. But there is nothing you can do other than stop using the internet, which is not possible for most people nowadays.