Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gregory1

300+ Carbs A DAY? Where the hell should I get this from

5 posts in this topic

Well, I've been searching proper dieting on the internet for a few days now...

Many sources claim that a man at my age / size should eat about 300 Carbs per day. Now I'm wondering where the hell I should get that many carbs from..., and whether it is even true one should eat that many carbs.

I used to eat carbs in the form of bread or oatmeal. Especially when I ate oatmeal, I used to feel very tired and weak the hours after eating it... Are there any alternative sources which contain high ammount of carbs? 

Thanks a lot for your responses! 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

I thought oatmeal was a great source of energy. 

At least it always helped me to remain active for long hours although it can be a bit heavy on the tummy. 

Foods containing healthy carbs that are part of a healthy diet include:

Yogurt.

Corn.

Berries.

Oats.

Apples.

Brown rice.

Whole wheat pasta.(you can omit this if you don't like) 

Popcorn.(you can omit this) 

Here is a list of 12 high-carb foods that also happen to be incredibly healthy.

Quinoa. Quinoa is a nutritious seed that has become incredibly popular in the natural health community. ...

Oats. Oats may be the healthiest whole grain food on the planet. ...

Buckwheat. ...

Bananas. ...

Sweet Potatoes. ...

Beetroots. ...

Oranges. ...

Blueberries.

Grapefruit

Chickpeas 

Apples

Kidney beans. 

The above are great sources of carbs and also mostly healthy. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Do you mean 300 grams of carbohydrates per day? 

Bread and oats are not the only sources, think of fruits, vegetables, whole grain and legumes as well as your carbs. If you make your meals balanced and mostly whole, you'll get all the carbs you need. 

Of course, carbohydrates are not the only source of calories. 1gram of carbs or 1 gram of protein has 4 calories where 1 gram of fat has 9 so you can also rely partially on fats in food for more calories in the day. 

DIet is best approached from a more intuitive perspective. The moment you start counting, it becomes a pain in the a....  and can very easily turn into a semi-eating disorder. It is better to observe how particular foods make you feel. If you feel tired during the day it is likely you are not eating enough calories or enough carbs or protein. If you feel fatigued straight after your meals, it is possible that the structure of that meal is not adequate and you need to add more fibre sources. 

Let your body be the judge. Observe your energy, skin, libido, digestion, mood and brain performance throughout the day. If any of those falter, something needs to change 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Gregory1 definitely include honey, blueberries, sprouts, yogurt, Oats, banana into your diet. 

I eat Oats mixed with banana and honey every morning. Great source of carbs and energy and not fattening at all. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 08/06/2021 at 0:18 PM, Gregory1 said:

Well, I've been searching proper dieting on the internet for a few days now...

Many sources claim that a man at my age / size should eat about 300 Carbs per day. Now I'm wondering where the hell I should get that many carbs from..., and whether it is even true one should eat that many carbs.

I used to eat carbs in the form of bread or oatmeal. Especially when I ate oatmeal, I used to feel very tired and weak the hours after eating it... Are there any alternative sources which contain high ammount of carbs? 

Thanks a lot for your responses! 

Nah, that's nonsense. Unless you regularly run marathons, you really do not need to worry about taking enough carbs.

Actually, eating more healthy fats and less carbs is for many people (including me) a good way to increase focus and mental energy. And to stay lean, because many sources of carbohydrates are also fattening.

Just don't go extreme with it (no keto)

If you are feeling tired and weak after eating something, you shouldn't eat that again.

You're supposed to feel energized after eating.

I also feel tired and weak after oatmeal, it's because of the gluten-like substances in it that my body doesn't tolerate well. So I don't eat it.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/