fopylo

quick insight about expression

6 posts in this topic

I used to believe 'expressing an emotion' means to find the emotion and then to let it be fully, to get it out and let it be. Now I've realized that true expression doesn't mean I am expressing, at least not in the way of letting it go, as though it was caught and now I'm trying to release it. From my direct experience it's more like expression expressing itself, or just expression being. There's no need for me to try and take it out, expression will already do that for me (a sneaky need to monitor. The more I advance, the sneakier my mind gets). I am still newbie in this understanding but I feel I'm getting somewhere with this one stepping stone.

Another quick realization I had: I always have this need to reconcile paradoxes in spirituality, personal growth and in how everything that's happening interconnects. Like if spirituality is supposed to be like becoming free to do whatever I want, then why do I still prefer sticking to meditation and self actualization work rather than watch entertainment and listen to very low conscious youtubers. How do I reconcile the validity of lower consciousness things with higher ones. I've came to an incomplete conclusion that spirituality means the acceptance of everything as it is, and reconciliation is coming from a need for order, but that will just follow me every time there is something new in my discoveries. I must always remind myself as the foundation that everything that is happening right now is valid just from the fact that it is existing prior to my interpretation of it.

@fopylo Thanks for sharing! I really loved this part. It's like we are so conditioned to do, do, do instead of just be, be, be. 

9 hours ago, fopylo said:

From my direct experience it's more like expression expressing itself, or just expression being. There's no need for me to try and take it out, expression will already do that for me

@WelcometoReality But I had to be aware enough to see that expression is something that is happening on its own. It's not enough to just say 'be present'. We are used to being the ones who are controlling, but hearing the opposite - that we are not in control, has a passive connotation for beginners like me. That's why we need to redefine "no control" and set a proper image for it. It seems like "no control" could be perceived as being very free because you're just flowing. So what is happening in the instances when I decide something? What is happening when I'm making a choice, trying to change something? Who is doing the thinking, analyzing and brings the subconscious emotional drives? Does this go into the territory of enlightenment? (I don't know anything about it, didn't watch Leo's videos yet)

12 hours ago, fopylo said:

@WelcometoReality But I had to be aware enough to see that expression is something that is happening on its own. It's not enough to just say 'be present'. We are used to being the ones who are controlling, but hearing the opposite - that we are not in control, has a passive connotation for beginners like me. That's why we need to redefine "no control" and set a proper image for it. It seems like "no control" could be perceived as being very free because you're just flowing. 

Yes, I think it's both. We do have some control and no control. Even when we are flowing there is a sense of control but what we are giving up is the need to control. Or as you put it "a sneaky need to monitor".

13 hours ago, fopylo said:

So what is happening in the instances when I decide something? What is happening when I'm making a choice, trying to change something? Who is doing the thinking, analyzing and brings the subconscious emotional drives? Does this go into the territory of enlightenment? (I don't know anything about it, didn't watch Leo's videos yet)

These are great questions to explore. They are in enlightenment territory so maybe it's best to research what it means before exploring them.

On 6/8/2021 at 2:28 AM, fopylo said:

Another quick I had: I have this need to reconcile paradoxes in , growth and in how everything that's happening interconnects. Like if is supposed to be like becoming free to do whatever I want, then why do I still prefer sticking to and self actualization work rather than watch and listen to very low conscious youtubers. How do I reconcile the validity of lower things with higher ones. I've came to an incomplete conclusion that spirituality means of everything as it is, and reconciliation is coming from for order, but that will just follow me every time there is something new in my discoveries. I must remind myself as the foundation that everything that is happening right now is valid just from the that it is existing prior to my interpretation of it.

The more advanced you get, the more you see how much friction-free you can make your life. Nothing is inherently bad with 'low-consciousness' entertainment, but they just add lots of friction to your life and mind, which you can now notice. And ofcourse you dont want that since your goal is to spiritually advance and friction prevents you from doing that.

@Swarnim Just eradicated the words I used ?

What do you mean by "they add friction to your life"? As a follow up question, why would you personally want to engage in low consciousness entertainment?