Chrissy j

Life Purpose Or Enlightenment First?

8 posts in this topic

This question has really been nagging me lately. Which is the best way to go? Should I build a life purpose first and live it while learning about enlightenment and then "pursue" it? Or should I go straight for enlightenment first and then my purpose will become clearer through that? They both have their perks. Life purpose first would probably be a more enjoyable journey i would guess. But if I went straight for enlightenment while I guess still learning and such about personal development I could get there younger and know where to go from there. I also remember Leo said in a video that going straight for enlightenment would be the best way to go strategically. What are your guys thoughts? Which life would be more joyous and more enjoyable? What life would be more powerful and fulfilling? For the best life I could live which direction should I go first? What JOURNEY would be more enjoyable? What journey and path would be more fullfilling and more meaningful and more rewarding? Which path should I take because it will make a difference I feel.

2 hours ago, MochaSlap said:

This question has really been nagging me lately. Which is the best way to go? Should I build a life purpose first and live it while learning about enlightenment and then "pursue" it? Or should I go straight for enlightenment first and then my purpose will become clearer through that? They both have their perks. Life purpose first would probably be a more enjoyable journey i would guess. But if I went straight for enlightenment while I guess still learning and such about personal development I could get there younger and know where to go from there. I also remember Leo said in a video that going straight for enlightenment would be the best way to go strategically. What are your guys thoughts? Which life would be more joyous and more enjoyable? What life would be more powerful and fulfilling? For the best life I could live which direction should I go first? What JOURNEY would be more enjoyable? What journey and path would be more fullfilling and more meaningful and more rewarding? Which path should I take because it will make a difference I feel.

In going be quick with this. If your extremely young then I recommend setting a foundation is important and a means to support yourself in the future with a plan is important.

Other than that then enlightenment since it's probably the greatest thing you can discover. 

Personally I'm doing both as I'm 17 and working towards public speaking and coaching is what I am working in and will create a foundation in. At this same time I only really use my free time to do conciousness work and on occasion spend time with loved one.

I'd recommend any young person to do the same by focusing on a way to support themselves but this depends on what you want in life.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Live Life Liam

I'd go for both since personal success, in my opinion, is more important than professional success

Both. Both. BOTH !

Life purpose and enlightenment are synergistic ! That means that they multiply each other. And if you've got 10'000 on life purpose and 0.001 on enlightenment, then you've got only 10 in total, that's nothing ! If you were to have just 10 on lp and 10 on enlightenment, then you would end up with 100 total !

You can see how you could easily be shooting yourself in the foot. But it's also that easy to lift yourself up.

My point is, say yes to both. Say YES to both ! Then start taking action for both.

I'm doing enlightenment first, since more mindfulness and less egoic obfuscation will likely lead to being driven by more authentic motives, also helping clarify/morph your life purpose. Plus I imagine being content (at least way more so than someone who hasn't had any enlightenments) just feels better. What's the point of success if you're not content? Of course, take care of your education and such. I'm in med school so that takes up quite a bit of time.

I would also suggest doing both, but enlightenment more as in preparation towards awakening if that makes any sense.

If i would have to choose between being enlightened or having a life purpose i would chose the latter. Because with enlightenment you get the both. You will probably figure out what your life purpose is.