ButlerMr Gleeson

Solo Life Direction

22 posts in this topic

The Lone Path...

Just curious if anybody else out there feels as though they are alone and on this journey of self-actualization and feel like they lack direction and overall hope that they will get to where they want to be.

I mean, I am 19 in Luton, UK, I have my own flat, I work in a 5 star Hotel as a Commis Waiter and am just deeply struggling to find anybody like minded to mastering their own real and deep psychology. 

It sure is tough to be alone on this journey but folkies out their, I just want you to all realize that you are not alone and their are people (few but still..) that are out their looking for the same depth of knowledge. 

Any thoughts? Let me know.. 

-Ryan Gleeson

Edited by ButlerMr Gleeson

I am one of the most loneliest person that you can see. I am an only child and both of my parents have been working in full time job. I have been alone at home since I know myself. I have never had a real friend but I was in long term relationship with a girl she was also my friend 4-5 years ago. And I haven't had any friends since then. I have 0 friends on facebook. People sometimes talk to me to ask something about school and lessons. In the evening my mother calls me for dinner and don't want to talk to me more than 2-3 minutes. This is my life. I rarely go outside with people maybe 2-3 times a year and I have good time 50% of time. So I don't only feel alone, I have been alone ever since I was born and It's not bad at all.

Edited by Sarper

Damn...do you find that actualized.org has been a big help for you to realize what is out in this magical existence and what you're capable of? 

Don't let these past conditioning experiences form you in to who you want to be right now for the future because those were just circumstances that you went through and do not have to define who you want to be now...go travelling..the great thing about life is it's unpredictability and the way you never know who you're going to meet and be inspired by...

Keep trecking! :) on you're unique & individual life path!

...Well Darn ^_^ it's true..i'm at my flat, i am 19, i love who I am deeply but I get lonely and can loose my motivation a lot but that's okay damn it! :) it's okay! we all do it...nobody in this world is perfect... I could type for hours on how I personally feel about this life and the things i have learned along the way. Leo Gura has been awesome. He's a stranger to me and I to him but hes helped me to realize many deep insights since last summer when I came across actualized.org and since then to now have been applying it all to my life...

it's deeply fascinating and magical to me that I can master my psychology and create anything seamlessly possible with my life..I want to prove everyone who ever doubted me wrong and most of all my worst critic...me

Going to move to a new town in a new flat and start a new life for myself where I really understand life and what it means to live a fulfilling, rich life. Travel to the northern lights, United states and places of natural beauty and shoot more videos myself for my youtube channel and facebook! i am going to do this! others, my family or me is not going to stop me...

I know it will all work out Beautiful... all I need is to keep my confidence to prove it and Ya'll can do the same...bye now ;) 

10 hours ago, ButlerMr Gleeson said:

The Lone Path...

Just curious if anybody else out there feels as though they are alone and on this journey of self-actualization and feel like they lack direction and overall hope that they will get to where they want to be.

I mean, I am 19 in Luton, UK, I have my own flat, I work in a 5 star Hotel as a Commis Waiter and am just deeply struggling to find anybody like minded to mastering their own real and deep psychology. 

It sure is tough to be alone on this journey but folkies out their, I just want you to all realize that you are not alone and their are people (few but still..) that are out their looking for the same depth of knowledge. 

Any thoughts? Let me know.. 

-Ryan Gleeson

I think sometimes the price of success and your dreams costs you to be lonley sometimes. I know from working an 8-5 job and running a business and studying, I have barely any time for a social life so I feel dis-connected from the outside world sometimes. The other times I am too busy to realise how much time passes that I do not see or talk to anyone. 

It is hard to find like minded people in some areas but they do exist. Do you have meetup where you are? I faced my fear of being shy and started turning up to a few meetups in my area and I have met some incredible people through there. Not everyone will understand or support the journey you are on, but never lose faith or hope and most of all believe in yourself. 

Plus you are no longer entirely alone, you can always come on the forum here and there will always be someone who will reply to you. 

9 hours ago, Sarper said:

I am one of the most loneliest person that you can see. I am an only child and both of my parents have been working in full time job. I have been alone at home since I know myself. I have never had a real friend but I was in long term relationship with a girl she was also my friend 4-5 years ago. And I haven't had any friends since then. I have 0 friends on facebook. People sometimes talk to me to ask something about school and lessons. In the evening my mother calls me for dinner and don't want to talk to me more than 2-3 minutes. This is my life. I rarely go outside with people maybe 2-3 times a year and I have good time 50% of time. So I don't only feel alone, I have been alone ever since I was born and It's not bad at all.

Hi Sarper

I think its a commendable thing to being comfortable alone. Not many people enjoy their own company, in fact, most people hate being in their own company and get bored and depressed. 

I think being able to spend time with yourself is important and loving who you are and your own company (I wish I had more time to myself, I would literally be reading all day long and watching and learning from Leo and others videos. 

Don't be worried too much about not having facebook or social media friends, I think its overrated. It is more important to make real life connections and meet people / be social whenever you get the chance. I remember I used to avoid work events and Christmas parties and all other because I was really shy and introverted. The times I started to face my fears and start attending meetups and social events, I had a great time and met wonderful people, so don't close yourself off completely. 

Plus Leo has done an amazing job with this forum and I think some people on here may make a few friendships with each other. 

Great response from all above and to agree; you are never alone. This is a great community to become a part of and always come back as there is so much positivity here that this can and is changing the way we think!  Thank you all for your honesty

Am I the only one who enjoys being alone? :D hello? any introverts here?

I think meditation is the best way to overcome loneliness issue. Self-reliance is the key

On 10.02.2016 at 5:53 PM, ButlerMr Gleeson said:
On 10.02.2016 at 6:33 PM, Sarper said:

I am the same, except I've never had any girlfriends, relationships or friends. I am 25 years old, lawyer, live in my own flat. I have always been an outcast and always been alone. Actually, I think I am the loneliest person I know :)  I have been suffering from loneliness during my teen ages a lot. However, since then I have developed soo much. You cannot even compare. I do not suffer anymore. 

Also, almost a year ago, with help of the new knowledge I learnt, I've managed to find 2 persons online, and I communicate with them every day via Skype for almost a whole year. They are my first friends ever :) We have really close relationships. With one of them I feel like we are brother and sister (she started calling me brother actually), and with the other one we are almost like in romantic relationships except that fact that we live in different cities, lol (both of them are girls). I know, this might sound pathetic, but I am very sure that I am not deluded. I strongly believe that most people on Earth are not capable of having such close relationships as I have managed to develop with these two persons, and currently I do not feel lonely at all.

Almost all the time.The price of self mastery is isolation.This isolation kind of sometimes lead us astray and we begin to backslide.Sometimes I feel just how much we could gain if we could have undertaken this journey with other people and been there during the down times.But I guess ultimately it all comes down to you and you definitely have it in yourself to overcome this isolation.

"Everything in moderation, including moderation."-Oscar Wilde

very very true I guess...But does not mean you are going to alone through it forever :) ...you can easily one day just come across someone all of a sudden who wants to walk a very similar path to yourself..& they'll keep you're back through the tough and the rough. But from the practice of being in isolation and solitude before that, you know if they cant always be there you will be just fine alone as you are used to this and know it is all okay ... :) Becasue you have a deep love for yourself

-Ryan Gleeson

2 hours ago, Naviy said:

I am the same, except I've never had any girlfriends, relationships or friends. I am 25 years old, lawyer, live in my own flat. I have always been an outcast and always been alone. Actually, I think I am the loneliest person I know :)  I have been suffering from loneliness during my teen ages a lot. However, since then I have developed soo much. You cannot even compare. I do not suffer anymore. 

Also, almost a year ago, with help of the new knowledge I learnt, I've managed to find 2 persons online, and I communicate with them every day via Skype for almost a whole year. They are my first friends ever :) We have really close relationships. With one of them I feel like we are brother and sister (she started calling me brother actually), and with the other one we are almost like in romantic relationships except that fact that we live in different cities, lol (both of them are girls). I know, this might sound pathetic, but I am very sure that I am not deluded. I strongly believe that most people on Earth are not capable of having such close relationships as I have managed to develop with these two persons, and currently I do not feel lonely at all.

It's not pathetic. It's so nice that you have that kind of close relationships because it's too rare to have one. Many people have friends who they don't trust, can't get help when they are in need. They just say hi to each other and they talk just to fill the free time. It doesn't matter that you had a girlfriend. I have had friends who never had a girlfriend and found their dream girl after 20 years of loneliness. What is important is to be happy! :)

There's nothing wrong with being alone...life is mostly a journey inward, anyway.  There's not too much anyone else can do for you.  They can't give you the deep sense of love and acceptance and fulfillment you're really searching for.  Being alone is one of the crosses you have to carry when you're about much more than the average bear.  The society that we live in is not a healthy one and disconnecting from it and going within, being alone is probably one of the healthiest and sane things you can do.  So pat yourself on the back and continue to be selective in who you allow to share your time because once you're around other people you start to think like them and pick up their habits unconsciously.  It's best to guard your journey with people who are on your level or higher so you can keep finding that deeper truth within yourself.  Sometimes all anyone else is going to do is distract you from going inward anyway.

As a fellow loner I agree with this completely. Just take a look at people who do spent a lot of time with friends. Most of them think like all the others of their group and there is very little room for personal growth. Also it is a lot better to make friends from a place where you already are the best company for yourself. On the downside life seems to happen mostly trough interaction with others so there's that.

I stand in agreement that it is very, very challenging to meet someone with a considerable amount of enlightenment and/or a considerable amount self-actualization. I can't say that I'm nearly as alone physically, but i can say finding people with the blindfold on is easy. Its finding the ones that took it off thats extremely hard. 

Dreamspirit, oh man..100% agree with you..society at large is a HUGE distraction from learning about yourself from the inside..even you're everyday mundane that we are usually (so busy) with that is just a distraction from what we really want and how we must grow...sure, we re social  beings but we really must be our own best pal and love isolation before we can truly be a content human being..

Life is Damn beautiful! I mean! when i am outside and I look up at the stars at night I think about how magical this chance that I've been given to live and how long the universe has been around, with the lifespan time of my life start to end in comparison and I and others just go through unconsciously wasting it without savoring all of it's mystical beauty and wonder that it offers..

I mean, we are here once..when you look up at the stars and think about this..perspective is born ..Damn, I created this Lone path post not over loneliness exactly for distraction but really for a pal that feels the very same way about this precious life and insists on living deep, by truth and understanding..what a rich fulfilling life truly is -_-

..Look at those stars and remember what Ryan Gleeson here said...Perspective of this MAGICAL existence....

@ButlerMr Gleeson Mr Gleeson you amaze me. I love the way you think and I 100% agree. I think everyone here can learn a thing or two from your brilliant mind. 

As important as it is to be alone, how do you all go about doing it? I understand someone said work,school and other personal stuff keeps them occupied but is there a way to go about consciously doing it with results? I've been disappointed by the many illusions of the external that make people appear as though they are fulfilled; relationships, partying, drugs etc. Yet I still find it difficult to go it alone. I meditate almost every day, yet I've solo travelled and I've never felt so dauntinly lonely before, my yearning for human connection has never been so great. It's easy to detach in a comfort zone but going about the real world, actually going it alone, I find that so difficult, yet people do it so well.