PepperBlossoms

If Time is a Concept, Why Do We Have Memory?

27 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Anahata said:

The absolute is the source of the 'finite' experience, this specific customization of time being part of this specific experience you're having in this dream. It's an expression of Infinity indeed. There is no fragmentation since everything is occuring within consciousness. Which is amazing ❤ Enjoy ? I surely love it ?

I do too, just don't forget the finite is just as significant as the infinite. The finite is the infinite's personality. 

Is the "present moment" imagination too?  If our imagination is strong enough, can we imagine anything into existence?

Edited by PepperBlossoms

Just now, Kambido said:

I do too, just don't forget the finite is just as significant as the infinite. The finite is the infinite's personality. 

But keep in mind that 'time' is occuring in your awareness as any other part of your experience, since you have a conscious experience of it and you can talk about it as an experience you're having. But if you investigate deeply what you realize is that you only experience the present moment, always. :P What changes is that as you change the content of what is experienced in the present moment you get more and more memories but there is no time flowing.

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

@PepperBlossoms

Just now, PepperBlossoms said:

Is the "present moment" imagination too?  If our imagination is strong enough, can we imagine anything into existence?

The present moment is not 'the present moment'. It is your consciousness. What is present? Take a look, what is present in your direct experience? Consciousness because you are conscious, right? Consciousness is one with what we call the present moment. So the idea that there is a present moment is also something being imagined by Consciousness. I mean what you call here and now is pure awareness/consciousness. Without your consciousness being aware there would be nothing to call nothing the present moment. ? What is present is existence=You=Consciousness. ??

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

17 minutes ago, Anahata said:

But keep in mind that 'time' is occuring in your awareness as any other part of your experience, since you have a conscious experience of it and you can talk about it as an experience you're having. But if you investigate deeply what you realize is that you only experience the present moment, always. :P What changes is that as you change the content of what is experienced in the present moment you get more and more memories but there is no time flowing.

We are just changing definitions around. I would say awareness is time. I would say nothingness is time as long as it continues to be nothing. But the moment it's something, that's also time. It's just word games. I don't find any significance in saying there is no time other than intellectual flexing tbh. 

Precognition, psychics, prophetic dreams, people with clairvoyance, all are proof that time is not a linear thing. Time only appears to move from past to present to future... however with closer investiatigation it seems like past, present and future are all muddled together in a kind of temporal soup ?;)

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@PepperBlossoms

Memory is a deliberately soft sensation, so as to create sufficient sensory dynamic for the experience of time to occur.

It is the softness of memory, relative to the hardness of the conventional senses, that gives the illusion of time. 

If memory wasn't a soft sensation, all of experience would be one timeless chasm of chaos.... at least until the point of silence.