charlie cho

Should one study business and marketing if he doesn't want to be an entrepreneur

4 posts in this topic

I find myself greatly interested in marketing and business. I buy business courses from eben pagan, dan kennedy, fred kern, seth godin even when I don't plan to open a business. Is this necessary? I think I'll be working for the government in the police. 

Is studying marketing and business necessary

You don't want to count 100% on the plans you have right now. They may change.

Only you can say what's necessary for you, but if you have a genuine interest in marketing, I say you should definitely keep that up. You might be thankful for the knowledge later.

In overall it's a pretty essential skill in today's society.

It doesn’t sound necessary for your career choice, but it sounds like a genuine passion you have to learn about those topics. There’s nothing foolish with doing something out of pure enjoyment at times. There are more practical things for a cop to learn, but you may find use for it one day in an important way 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

If it's interesting, why not?

Some people study Latin or other stuff just as a hobby. Even if it won't be their career or have any practical application.

With business and marketing, at least you'll be able to identify when it's being used against you when you're considering an online course or out shopping at the mall. You'll be less likely to fall victim to big flashy red "SALE" signs, pricing strategies like making something $99 instead of $100, false scarcity or limited time offers, etc.