Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SamC

Why is familly a so strong value for spiral dyanamics stage blue?

5 posts in this topic

Where does this ego drive come from? 

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

The meta-question seems to be "Why does human development look the precise way it does and not some other way?"  And perhaps, to go even more meta, "Why is anything the exact way it is and not some other way?" 

I could hypothesize that maybe it works like an infinite chain of cause and effect, with all previous "chains" or causes being sort of imprinted into our DNA and psychologies.  Like the transcend and including + epigenetics + evolution + human psychological development.  

To bring it to the concrete.  Here's an example that illustrates the theory I'm talking about.  As a hypothetical. 

• Stage purple came about and got "imprinted" into the human psyche since, at a point in our history, we became aware and evolution selected for people to form tribes.
  • Then Stage Red came around since evolution selected for that psychological makeup since our tribes were getting decimated by other tribes, and our tribes were getting to big and fragmenting so we needed an iron fist to aggressively bring the tribe back together.  
  • But then Stage Blue came along and got "imprinted" into the human psyche since stage Red was becoming a hinderance to our survival by being too destructive and domineering, so then evolution selected for a more tradition, hierarchical, and civilized psyche.  

My theory of everything. 

tenor.gif

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@SamC Blue loves identity separation. Ego and Other. MY family or other. MY race. MY religion.

Blue is so deluded on identity its crazy.

But pre 1960 conditions were such that having a family was very fundamental to survival. the people in the past were very blue.

2 hours ago, Matt23 said:

The meta-question seems to be "Why does human development look the precise way it does and not some other way?"  And perhaps, to go even more meta, "Why is anything the exact way it is and not some other way?" 

I could hypothesize that maybe it works like an infinite chain of cause and effect, with all previous "chains" or causes being sort of imprinted into our DNA and psychologies.  Like the transcend and including + epigenetics + evolution + human psychological development.  

To bring it to the concrete.  Here's an example that illustrates the theory I'm talking about.  As a hypothetical. 

• Stage purple came about and got "imprinted" into the human psyche since, at a point in our history, we became aware and evolution selected for people to form tribes.
  • Then Stage Red came around since evolution selected for that psychological makeup since our tribes were getting decimated by other tribes, and our tribes were getting to big and fragmenting so we needed an iron fist to aggressively bring the tribe back together.  
  • But then Stage Blue came along and got "imprinted" into the human psyche since stage Red was becoming a hinderance to our survival by being too destructive and domineering, so then evolution selected for a more tradition, hierarchical, and civilized psyche.  

My theory of everything. 

tenor.gif

I love your theory of everything ;)

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"