Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
renegade_bee

Healthy Breakfast Ideas

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

so i've been wanting to change into a healthy diet for a while now because I'm eating a very unhealthy diet at the moment. I decided the best way to change is by changing one meal at a time into something extremely healthy. After i get used to the change (after a week maybe?) I will then change my second meal and third and so forth teaching my taste buds to enjoy healthy food in the proces.

So my question is:

what do you suggest for a healthy energizing breakfast? 

Some groundrules for a good breakfast (but i think for any meal):

• Aim for something that doesn’t influence your blood sugar levels (that much). Especially in the morning, because your first meal of the day will have the most impact on your blood sugar levels.
  • It should contain good fats
  • It should contain quality proteins
  • Be easy on carbs (maybe add something low glycemic)

Also worth to mention:

• No cereals or wheats
  • No processed foods

My breakfast:
Most of the time i eat a bowl of selfmade kefir from raw, grassfed, organic milk with a kiwi and sometimes some cinnamon in it.
Other times it’s an omelet with some vegetables and spices in it.

But obviously there are a lot of good alternatives!

Edited by Feel The Present

I do a smoothie for breakfast. A really good one is 1 cup of cherries, 3 cups of spinach, 2 cups almond milk and 1 cup of pineapple blended. Then after about half an hour of sitting outside drinking the smoothie watching the sunrise (totally optional!) I make curry eggs, which is just sauteed garlic and mushrooms and spinach, and then i scramble 2 to 3 eggs, sprinkle black pepper and curry powder and put it a bowl and enjoy. It's a good way to introduce 3 parts veggie to two parts fruit in my smoothie and also get proteins with the eggs without any added fat or sugar.

2 hours ago, Abeo Maria said:

I do a smoothie for breakfast. A really good one is 1 cup of cherries, 3 cups of spinach, 2 cups almond milk and 1 cup of pineapple blended. Then after about half an hour of sitting outside drinking the smoothie watching the sunrise (totally optional!) I make curry eggs, which is just sauteed garlic and mushrooms and spinach, and then i scramble 2 to 3 eggs, sprinkle black pepper and curry powder and put it a bowl and enjoy. It's a good way to introduce 3 parts veggie to two parts fruit in my smoothie and also get proteins with the eggs without any added fat or sugar.

Thanks, that sounds delicious!

Everyone likes smoothly or vegetables...... I like broths... Hot steamy bowls of golden broths. At times Japanese style... Ginger and herb noted... Steamed vegetables and brown rice... Or noodles ... Zucchini noodles, gluten free, it's just really nice to have a bowl of amazing broth in the morning rather than cold high glycemic smoothly ...