Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gianna

What is NLP?

4 posts in this topic

What does NLP have to do with anything here? I've tried to take a course on it but I was bored out of my mind. Can someone help me to understand the significance of NLP and how it relates to self-actualization, consciousness, or enlightenment? 

In my opinion, it doesn't. Except that it can be a gateway to those topics, in the same way pickup artistry can.

I've had the same experience with NLP. I go into it with the intention of getting a bunch of cool Derren Brown type jedi mind tricks. In reality it's pretty boring.

NLP is also widely considered to be pseudoscience. Although I know a lot of people here are into alternative stuff so that doesn't necessarily mean much. Just that science looks down upon it and its claimed effectiveness.

If you want the benefits of NLP without getting super autistic about how much emphasis you put on which word, or sneaking suggestive words into your sentences... just study sales/marketing instead.

Haven't read them all yet, but I also bought all 3 of this guy's books... https://www.coldreadingsuccess.com/kindle If you're wanting the stereotypical NLP "wow people at parties" results, might as well go all the way and be a total charlatan. 

Edited by Yarco

@Yarco Hm. Okay. This is really insightful. Thank you! :)