RedLine

Who are some modern mystics who know what God is?

25 posts in this topic

What is love, is it in da skies?

No it's a feeling deep inside.

Because I'm hungry.- No you're lonely!

I can see it in your eyes.

But really what is meant by love. When I asked Leo if he meant the emotion he said certainly not. So what is meant by it?

2 hours ago, vladorion said:

The ones who truly know don't say much about it because nothing can be said about it.

Yeah true. Whether or not you talk about it is largely base on karma too and whether or not your precious avatar is keen on expressing.  Osho and buddha and Nisargadatta talked non stop while others like Ramana stayed silent. But it's hard to take anything with language seriously 

1 hour ago, Being Frank Yang said:

Yeah true. Whether or not you talk about it is largely base on karma too and whether or not your precious avatar is keen on expressing.  Osho and buddha and Nisargadatta talked non stop while others like Ramana stayed silent. But it's hard to take anything with language seriously 

Language is the best tool if your goal is to explain yourself to the majority populace. Even a 2 year old is curious about the universe, but only a tiny % of the world gives a f*** about spirituality or self improvement.

The only issue I have with language is that it becomes semantic wars.

Zen Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, Dzogchen, Western Idealism, Kashmir Shaivism... These are all the same ideas arguing eternally over the use of words and technicalities. What is the point? There is one core truth. How person A conceptualizes it vs person B, why does it even really matter?

And when people do use words, those obsessed with talking in only nondual terminology just confuse normal people. The best method to convey your belief to a normal average Joe at the pub, is to use dualistic terms alllll the way to the end zone, and then once you get them there pull the rug away.

I just call myself Idealist to avoid the confines of any specific philosophy's dogmas.

Sri aurobindo - the life divine is a book i would recommend for you If you want to go deep into the infinite and GOD.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Kapil Gupta MD. Not sure he'd like the label as such, as he has a distaste for spirituality and gurus.