Consilience

How in the **** do I make beautiful fractal "breathing" sacred geometry like this?

7 posts in this topic

I'm honestly not sure if this is the right forum section for this post so if it's not I apologize. I'm also not even sure if this is an appropriate forum post and if it's not... Well I apologize for that as well.

I've recently felt a calling to experiment with guided meditations and start posting them on YouTube. I currently have a YouTube channel where I communicate about meditation primarily, and honestly I find a lot of joy in it. However, something isn't *quite* in alignment when I take a step back and consider what is actually my purpose here? While I do find great joy with talking about meditation, I feel like it would be more appropriate to actually guide others in the practice. And because of my growing experience with the practice, I feel like I could make really powerful guided meditations that are geared more towards awakening, cultivating insight and purification. Not just the "10 minutes from 0 to Zen! Guided Meditation to Feel Your Best!" Bullshit that liters YouTube. In a sense, my current channel feels like it is serving a purpose... And it is in alignment with my purpose. But the actual way it's actualizing on my purpose feels off. 

My intuition has been pulling me more and more towards the idea of actually guided others rather than talking at them. Besides which, there are literally thousands of talking heads on YouTube. Yet there are very, very few channels focused on guided meditations from someone who's a genuinely experienced, serious practitioner. This feels more like a niche, and a niche not only am I primed to fill, but a niche that I would find a deep joy in.

In terms packing a deeper punch with a video format, I would be thrilled if I had the knowledge and skill to create these videos similar to the ones in the guided meditations from Awaken The World Films:

99.9% of the time I do not use any sort of guidance for my personal sitting, but even with such an extreme preference for silence, I personally find these graphics to be really powerful. It's almost like somehow the energy of the voice + the breathing sacred geometry help open the mind up and sink deeper into the practice. From this deepening of my state, not only does meditation become easier, but contemplating deep questions also does. 

So anyways... I would LOVE to make these types of guided meditations and start posting them on YouTube. 

Here's the problem though. I literally have 0 clue where to start. Fucking 0. What kind of software this would even take. How many hours of practice it would take to even make something of this caliber. I've considered reaching out to the couple who make these films, but it feels like the chances of them responding would be next to 0 so I'm starting here. 

Are there any experienced graphic designers that could point me in the right direction to start learning about this stuff considering I am a complete beginner? Any feedback, advice, pointers, input, would be extremely appreciated. Thank you. 

I dunno, most peoples voices don't have the energy to feel like a meditation guide who really understands.

Edited by ilja

12 hours ago, Consilience said:

I've considered reaching out to the couple who make these films, but it feels like the chances of them responding would be next to 0 so I'm starting here.

Why not ask them? It wouldn't hurt. The worst case scenario is that they just don't respond, which isn't really a loss for you apart from the few minutes you would spend writing them an e-mail or whatever. I would also suggest that you find other similar content creators and ask them as well.

11 hours ago, erik8lrl said:

This one is really good and easy to use. You can also anime in it.

https://www.chaoticafractals.com/

This one is more advanced, going into other simulations and generative art aside from fractals. 

https://softology.com.au/voc.htm

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, Peter-Andre said:

Why not ask them? It wouldn't hurt. The worst case scenario is that they just don't respond, which isn't really a loss for you apart from the few minutes you would spend writing them an e-mail or whatever. I would also suggest that you find other similar content creators and ask them as well.

Good point. I reached out lol. Hopefully they respond. I appreciate the response and input, thank you. 

@Peter-Andre So Daniel ended up responding to my email within a couple of hours... lol. He is using a software called Apophysis 7x but recommended JWildfire as an alternative, as well as After Effects for additional editing, and coloring. 

15 hours ago, Consilience said:

@Peter-Andre So Daniel ended up responding to my email within a couple of hours... lol. He is using a software called Apophysis 7x but recommended JWildfire as an alternative, as well as After Effects for additional editing, and coloring. 

@Consilience Eyy, that's great! Now it's just a matter of figuring out how those programs work, and you should probably also spend some time to study design and art fundamentals. I'm thinking of things like color theory, contrast, composition etc. And if you're planning on animating these visuals to music, it's probably a good idea to learn a thing or two about  basic music theory as well, particularly when it comes to rhythm.

But take my advice with a grain of salt. This isn't really my area of expertise. This is just what I would work on if wanted to learn how to make these kinds of visuals. Good luck on getting started with this. Maybe consider posting some of your work here later on :)