mmKay

How to avoid iron toxicity from eating a lot of meat

6 posts in this topic

Since Leo had gone carnivore, youtube startes recommending me Carnivore videos without me looking for it.

But, I've stumbled upon this one guy. He gave me some great perspective on nutrition. 

I'm not carnivore since I can eat rice and potatoes to add some calories for energy, but I started eating 300 grams of organic ground beef per day ( just organic, grass fed and grass finished can only be found online here) 

Is red meat really more dangerous than other cuts? Shouls I worry about iron toxicity? 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

7 hours ago, mmKay said:

Is red meat really more dangerous than other cuts? Shouls I worry about iron toxicity? 

there's much more to worry about from 300grams of it daily than iron overload especially since (it seems like) you are limiting your fibre intake largely so losing the protection against all the damage in the gut. 

None of my business but I'd say try to shuffle out some of that red meat with some plant proteins if you wanna be around long enough to see your grandchildren 

also, take EXTREME caution when listening into Frank Tufano. I watched many of vis videos and some of his advice is flat out dangerous and insane. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 thanks for the advice.

Yup I definately listen to Frank with discernment. All legumes make me bloat but steamed coliflower is good for me. I definately feel the lack of fiber. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

7 minutes ago, mmKay said:

All legumes make me bloat

soak them overnight, then boil to the point you can effortlessly squash them, then start small. A tablespoon a day. You'll build up the tolerance soon as your gut adjusts ;)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I agree with @Michael569 that a balanced diet is a better approach for many reasons. However, drinking tea, green tea, etc will inhibit your absorption of iron, which is usually thought of as a bad thing, but could be either I guess. You could also donate blood. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

300g per day will never give you iron overload, and anyhow you can always consume dairy to balance out the calcium-iron ratio.

I know a guy who had iron overload, and he drank like a liter of blood per day for a month. And blood is way, way higher in iron than ground beef.